JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about this being a problem? mine's done it twice now, it will go completly dead like i turned the key off and a second later it comes right back on, and all the dash light's illuminate like i just re-started it.

does anyone have any insight to this? i'm clueless...

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
How old is your JK (build date)?

There is a flash to the computer that fixes some of the electrical problems. Newer build dates seem to have already been flashed.

Another theory is the vehicle is loosing contact with the transponder in the key causing to to shut off.

None the less run it off to your local 5 star dealer and they can do the flash on the computer for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's one of the first ones, i've had it 6 months now, thanks for the head's up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Build date on mine is Nov. 9 of 2006. Mine has done this several times. I have had the flash updates and still have the same problems. If you "check around" you will see that this has been a very common problem that the flash so far does not fix.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I have heard *around* that this also may be a fault of the security system. The theory being that connection is lost between your key transponder and the receiver in the JK making it shut down as if someone was using a faulty or non-programmed key.

If this is the case I would hope that there would be a fix for it soon. My build date is January and I have yet to experience this in nearly 5,000 miles. Even using owner programmed replacement transponder keys.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have had this happen a few times. The engine doesn't shut off but all the lights go out and come right back on like I just started the engine. not sure on build date of mine, I will have to check.

I have also noticed that if I am backing up and let the RPM drop almost to the point of stalling (standard trans of course) that all the lights will go out and when they come back on the charging indicator stays on like my altenator isn't working. I have tried to replicate this in a forward gear but it hasn't done it even if I stall the vehicle. I have had all the recalls done and am up to date with all of the computer bugs. Just kinda weird is all.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
93 Country...

that sounds very close to the stall bug. there was a recall on JKs with a build date up to 1-22-07. I purchased mine 2-17-07 and it stalled several times... results similar, though not identical to what you describe. my build date was 1-23-07 and Chrysler refused to recognize the reflash under recall since mine was not in the buid range... but the dealership reflashed it for me as a warranty repair. no stalling since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had this happen a few times. The engine doesn't shut off but all the lights go out and come right back on like I just started the engine. not sure on build date of mine, I will have to check.

I have also noticed that if I am backing up and let the RPM drop almost to the point of stalling (standard trans of course) that all the lights will go out and when they come back on the charging indicator stays on like my altenator isn't working. I have tried to replicate this in a forward gear but it hasn't done it even if I stall the vehicle. I have had all the recalls done and am up to date with all of the computer bugs. Just kinda weird is all.
Mine has the same thing happen. I never realised about the reverse but now that you say it, it has never happened going forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts