JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations? Haven't done a whole lot of looking, but with packs of stray canines and feral hogs at the ranch, I have to keep a rifle in the Jeep most of the time.

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
that overhead rack looks good. you could mount that in a couple places from the looks of it. wish I could just strap a hog leg onto my thigh and shoot s**t out the side window!:thefinger: damn cali:pissed:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
that overhead rack looks good. you could mount that in a couple places from the looks of it. wish I could just strap a hog leg onto my thigh and shoot s**t out the side window!:thefinger: damn cali:pissed:
Come to AZ, most of the places we 4X we shoot also.:beer::smokin::beer:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of gun you are trying to carry, but I have an 07 4 door jk and I took a sawed off shotgun and with the help of 2 velcrow straps, it sits firmly in place on the rear cross bar. (out of sight)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I don't want a gun rack...I'm afraid some of my boys from the north will mistake me :puke::puke::puke: for a :puke::puke::puke:...damn I'm nauseous...a....oh God....a cuello rojo....ohhhhhhhhh.....:puke::puke::puke: damn...I feel better now:thefinger:

OK...now that I have recovered, how's this for a JK gun rack

View attachment 1672

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

This is the rack I have in my work vehicle. I can't remember the name off hand but it works well for me. I takes to rifles and is adjustable but has no locking mechanism. I'm sure someone could figure out a way to secure the rifles though.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Call PIG @ PolyPerformance & bug him. We were just talking smack about how he needed a gun-rack option for his bolt in JK racks.

:bounce:
:grinpimp:

·
Registered
58 Posts

This is the rack I have in my work vehicle. I can't remember the name off hand but it works well for me. I takes to rifles and is adjustable but has no locking mechanism. I'm sure someone could figure out a way to secure the rifles though.

DANG!!!!! Jake we need to take your "work truck" out with some more from my safe and put some bullets down range!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Wow thats cool until you hit the brakes too hard, have it fly forward, slam into the windshield and shoot you in the face...

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Wow thats cool until you hit the brakes too hard, have it fly forward, slam into the windshield and shoot you in the face...
lmfao :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found this idea over at eddies place

http://jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=64762

basically a piece of 4" pvc clamped to the roll cage over the drivers left shoulder and running back along the roll cage.

I wonder if a Kolpin gun boot will fit in that space? I want to carry my FNAR .308 pig gun more handily than now..

·
Registered
831 Posts
Found this idea over at eddies place

http://jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=64762

basically a piece of 4" pvc clamped to the roll cage over the drivers left shoulder and running back along the roll cage.

I wonder if a Kolpin gun boot will fit in that space? I want to carry my FNAR .308 pig gun more handily than now..
DUDE! That's my write up! I used a 3" PVC pipe. It was originally made for my '82 CJ-7 I had years ago. I converted it to fit in the JK

1 - 20 of 46 Posts