JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited that someone cut the front frame horns off to mount a Spider bumper. I want to go back to a factory mounted style bumper and can not find the frame horns anywhere. Does anyone know of where I could find some? Thanks!

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,425 Posts
No need to cross post, your reply is visible.
In my experience, you can't easily cut off the horns, leaving the crash bar intact without taking off too much of the frame. Usually you need to cut up the crash bar, then remove the brackets from the horns, leaving you with a mess of horn pieces.

You can get the full front set of horns with the crashbar + first crossmember on eBay all day long, but those seem to go for 700-800 bucks. I've also seen where people have a shop burn on some square tube and plate to recreate the stock bumper mount. I'm not sure I would go to all that trouble to return to a plastic bumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Not interested in a plastic bumper but also not interested in the stubby ugly thing they have on it now. I already have a new full size metal bumper and when I went to install it is when I noticed that they butchered the front of this thing. I'm surprised someone doesn't make a kit to reverse this since people seem to cut these things a lot. There's a potential money maker for someone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a pic of what I have now. Willing to trade this thing to anyone who can get me a set of horns. Otherwise I will look into having some flat plates made like factory horns.
Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive parking light
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK. Fog lights will not come with it as I need them for the new bumper. But I'm game for trade as I don't want this one. I'll send you a private message.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts