JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Evo quarter pounder and it doesn't use the OEM fogs. Since the crash bar gets removed, there's no good resting places for the fog light plugs and harness.

Anyone know if the harness can be unplugged and removed? Just don't want to damage it with it hanging around with no protection.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
Bumping this to the top.

I just bundled and zip-tied mine to the sway bar until I had time to see how easy it is to delete, then forgot about it . . . for a few years :laughing:

I never took the time to look into it, but I support you in your quest to have a random internet person who's done it tell us how :beer:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumping this to the top.

I just bundled and zip-tied mine to the sway bar until I had time to see how easy it is to delete, then forgot about it . . . for a few years :laughing:

I never took the time to look into it, but I support you in your quest to have a random internet person who's done it tell us how :beer:
I was told yesterday that the harness is tied into the major wiring of the jeep and it's not possible to remove the harness without cutting it. I guess I'll be finding somewhere to tuck it.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
I was told yesterday that the harness is tied into the major wiring of the jeep and it's not possible to remove the harness without cutting it. I guess I'll be finding somewhere to tuck it.
Yeah, I remember it looking like it required wire harness surgery, so I said fawkit and grabbed the zip ties.

Here's the only photo I could find of my "setup" :cwm13:
DISCLAIMER: NOT RACE CAR, NOT SHOW CAR :laughing:

HINT: it's the bundle of crap zip-tied behind the sway bar. All the other crap is unrelated. :D

If you find a good solution, please share - I think it's obvious I could improve in that area. :beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts