JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping to revive this link since I am new and restricted from seeing links. I just purchased a used 2009 Wrangler X and seeking a service manual. I am strictly mac only. Thank you! Karen

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
FWIW, there's a guy on Ebay selling a PDF factory manual. There's information in there, but no index. You have to go on an easter egg hunt to find anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is an old thread but, If any one has the FSM that requires you to run it in VirtualBox I can help to make it work on Windows 10.

Step one - open the VirtualBox and browse to C: drive. You can then drag and drop the folder that contains the manual from virutal box to your local computer.
Step two - on the local computer browse into the folder and find the default.htm file - right click on that and open with internet explorer. ( Must use internet explorer )
Step three - on the welcome screen Allow the blocked content message that pops up. then press the F12 key. The developer window will open , go to the emulation tab and set the Document mode to Explorer 7 and the User Agent String to Explorer 6
You have to leave the developer window open but now you can use the service manual

For the Wiring manual I have been able to fix the JavaScript errors that pop up for the error Unspecified SIE-Type "" passed to frameset PM me and for a small fee I can get that working for you also. Requires you to send me a few of the files from your FSM that I will change and then send back to you,.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought and downloaded from Service Manual Warehouse $18 and it works (pdf). I would be careful, for example the pages are not titled well so you could use a D30 torque spec on your D44 if you not being methodical and using the contents. Looks like rockaut has a CD option for $21 in the literature section. It's too big to email although I may be able to share a Google drive link when I figure it out.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
FWIW I run Windows 10 & XP as virtual machines on a MAc with VMWare Fusion. I was able to get the factory cd manual loaded and it runs fine. Takes forever for it to load so patience is required.

·
Registered
8 Posts
please can you help me find a repair manual for the 2015 rubicon, I am in ass deep into the top of engine block, manifold is off, I cleaned the gaskets around the valves tops, lost 1 nscrew that holds the oil filter and do not want to pay 40$ for an online repair manual, and I am an angry b...ch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice first post. Wrong but nice.
also, I have some oil leaking from the filter housing that attaches to the block which is under the "heater" I think it is a heater of some sort
It has a plug like a house plug to it but just got this girl last year, I haven't been into it long. It was only supposed to be a sensor but when I see oil where it should not be, I investigate.

·
Administrator
1,908 Posts
also, I have some oil leaking from the filter housing that attaches to the block which is under the "heater" I think it is a heater of some sort
It has a plug like a house plug to it but just got this girl last year, I haven't been into it long. It was only supposed to be a sensor but when I see oil where it should not be, I investigate.
Do us a solid (so we can help). Get a new post together, dump in a bunch of photos of what you are working on and we can help. Right now, you're replying to like three different threads and it's getting confusing.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
That is not a heater. It sounds like youre in over your head and you should really pony up for the manual and maybe even the wiring manual. The manual is a lot more than $40. It's a small price to pay for excellent information that is not all publicly available. The shop manual is on a CD/DVD and the wiring diagram is on a thumb drive so you won't find it in printed form in a library or in PDF form. You have to use a web browser to access the manuals. The joke is that the shop manual only works with Internet Explorer. It wont work with any other browser that I tried. The electrical manual works with any browser. David Pike, the Motorcity Mechanic, has numerous, great videos on that doomaflachi (also called an "oil cooler") as well as doing the heads on 3.6. I am pretty sure he even mentions the plugs you write of in one of the videos. Look at his videos on replacing the oil cooler with the new Dorman aluminum oil cooler.

And if your jeep has been through the mud pit, be sure to clean that out too while you're in there. :LOL:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts