JKOwners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
11,420 Posts
I've noticed this..JKO has slowed down quite a bit it seems.

· Registered
2,333 Posts
I agree that content has slowed down, but I think the member base is the best it has ever been... Yeah, the initial wave of Asylumers that got banned/left stung for a while, and guys like Dr. Dirty will be missed, but now all their shit is gone, and now all of Dancin' Dan's shit is gone... It's great! New Posts no longer looks like an RSS feed from CNN.

· Registered
931 Posts
IDK... those other forums were free. Now we actually pay for the favoritism. Its cool for the guys selling services on the side and avoiding the vendor fee, or the guys who JKO constitutes a social life... seems like a pretty good marketing tactic by Hit.

Get all the bullshit from the other forums over here, just superimpose "37's" and "coil-overs" where "35's" and "x amount of lift" used to be. I still dont see much by way of wheeling trips on the regional side, or even interest in meet & greets locally... so really it was a great marketing move by Hit. Consolidated all the bullshit, elevated the dudes actually building, and everyone else pays the bills. :beer:

· The Wheelin Man's Friend
6,224 Posts
IDK... those other forums were free. Now we actually pay for the favoritism. Its cool for the guys selling services on the side and avoiding the vendor fee, or the guys who JKO constitutes a social life... seems like a pretty good marketing tactic by Hit.

Get all the bullshit from the other forums over here, just superimpose "37's" and "coil-overs" where "35's" and "x amount of lift" used to be. I still dont see much by way of wheeling trips on the regional side, or even interest in meet & greets locally... so really it was a great marketing move by Hit. Consolidated all the bullshit, elevated the dudes actually building, and everyone else pays the bills. :beer:
Hitmoney doesn't own this board and never had any investment outside of his time and passion for it's success. Lance owned it before and is also the previous owner of Pirate4x4.com.

This website is free to join as well, but many of us supported it with red or blue stars to show our support of the community. Lots of us are doing meet and greets on the local level, but it's facilitated through Facebook most times.

For whatever reason, Facebook has become the go to for many folks. The drama is so thick on most of the groups it drives me away though. LOL :nono:

FWIW, forums "die" off every few years and a new group of members comes in. I personally don't think that the board has changed, but the people have either moved on to other forums, vehicles, ect or had differing opinions and chose to drive their opinion home to the point that they were no longer wanted around by the "management". Things change, owners change, people change more than anything else, but one thing remains the same...people come to Jeep forums to talk about Jeeps after they get done being dramatic and stirring the e-pot for attention. :)

Not saying you are doing that. I just felt compelled to say something. Too much Mountain Dew this morning. Feeling LIVE-LAY! :D

Marcus

· Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Well I don't know about the rest of you but we here in the dirty south just got back from a wheeling trip on the Rubicon. I started the thread a year ago, our locals and even a crew from Canada participated. We had one NorCal rig show up who even led the run for us.

Seems like all of us get out and wheel pretty regularly which probably explains our frequency on the forum. Well that and the fact that we aren't afraid to ruffle a few feathers around here. Most of us seem to thrive on having fun poking at one another. Guess we just don't have thin skinned vaginas...lol :D That must come from wheeling often rather than sitting in front of the computer...HaHa

Hey Marcus, I'll be getting back to you here this weekend sometime. Still haven't turned on the computer to check emails since we left. Suffice it to say that we obviously found a temporary shaft to make due with and since luck was on our side we managed through the trip without mechanical incidents.

One comment I will make though is that I preferred the tapatalk app way more. My phone semed to like it too. Other than that, why don't you fuckers just put your big girl panties on and enjoy the fact that we dont have to hang out on JK-Forum or Wayalife. We ran into that doucebag on our trip and he seemed really unhappy. Too bad, this is a smile makin hobby that we love and enjoy, even after all the money and slaving over a fickle rig:p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· The Wheelin Man's Friend
6,224 Posts
Well I don't know about the rest of you but we here in the dirty south just got back from a wheeling trip on the Rubicon. I started the thread a year ago, our locals and even a crew from Canada participated. We had one NorCal rig show up who even led the run for us.

Seems like all of us get out and wheel pretty regularly which probably explains our frequency on the forum. Well that and the fact that we aren't afraid to ruffle a few feathers around here. Most of us seem to thrive on having fun poking at one another. Guess we just don't have thin skinned vaginas...lol :D That must come from wheeling often rather than sitting in front of the computer...HaHa

Hey Marcus, I'll be getting back to you here this weekend sometime. Still haven't turned on the computer to check emails since we left. Suffice it to say that we obviously found a temporary shaft to make due with and since luck was on our side we managed through the trip without mechanical incidents.

One comment I will make though is that I preferred the tapatalk app way more. My phone semed to like it too. Other than that, why don't you fuckers just put your big girl panties on and enjoy the fact that we dont have to hang out on JK-Forum or Wayalife. We ran into that doucebag on our trip and he seemed really unhappy. Too bad, this is a smile makin hobby that we love and enjoy, even after all the money and slaving over a fickle rig:p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
BOOM!

Yeah that was a real pisser on the driveshaft man. Let me know when you get a chance and we'll get that issue resolved. I didn't get the messages until it was too late, but I'm glad things worked out and you made the trip!

If everyone would stop whining and whimpering long enough to see that the rain stopped and the sun is shining we'd all be better off. This doesn't just go for JKO. It goes for all of the social media stuff, the news, the propaganda, the conspiracy theories, ect. Turn that shit off and go enjoy your life. Nothing we do or say or get mad about on this forum is going to really affect the way that dinner with our families goes tonight.

Well...it could if you get in trouble for buying Jeep parts. LOL!

We're a family and at the end of the day, the last question you ask someone you meet on the trail or out in the world when you meet them (because of your Jeeps) is what forum they prefer.

I do miss being able to use TapaTalk but only because it was habit and easy access to everywhere I wanted to check in. :) It isn't' the end of the world, I just have to use a few apps for working from the couch these days. :)

Marcus

· R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
5,187 Posts
I'm a pretty big internet whore, but i'm mobile 90% of the time when I respond so I am still living life while fucking with people on here. Even I have had shit going on lately that has kept me busy for days on end with no desire to come here or other forums for more than a couple minutes. Just long enough for a snarky retort and on I go. The forum has slowed because many have realized it's summer finally and are out enjoying life. I won't stop coming here even if I get rid of the Jeep, i'll just hang out in chit chat. :thefinger:

· Premium Member
1,661 Posts
This morning while eating breakfast, helped a member on JKO figure out his DW from bad drag link and tie rod ends, answered another guy's question about his front end on jeepforum, looked at the classifieds on colorado4x4.org and rme4x4.com, and answered a JKF question about trimming the entire radius of the rear fender wells to run 35s with stock bumpstops.

I'm installing a set of ball joints this afternoon in our 2nd JKU. I googled for install specs and went to a write-up on wranglerforum.

Then later, I'm going to help a local club member fix his DW on his TJ. I'll probably video the steps so I can eventually upload it to jeepforum, wranglerforum, and naxja for the non-JK guys.

Point is, I don't really care about any current forum drama. I am on the forums to learn, use info as a resource, be a resource, buy and sell stuff in the classifieds, and have some friends with which to wheel.

I understand business is business, and wish everything was still on Tapatalk, but it doesn't materially change anything.

Karma seems to be real for the former JKF leaders and owner. They are all gone and unwelcome at JKF. That is kind of fun to see.

I think it is cool that entrepreneurs like Lance can build a business and sell it.

Activity ebbs and flows. Unless you are an owner or advertiser, it doesn't matter as much.

Break over. Back to those ball joints :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
4,540 Posts
I think during the TJ era there were more forums than just 3 Jk sites. Some of the have transformed and others have just died. Hopefully the next gen is still a JK so the JKO can live on! I am a member of several forums some I do not even visit. What other forum can you meet strange girls and jump in pools nearly naked?

Jason

· JKO Dickhead
2,597 Posts
I'm gonna go build some shit.
this may spark what we need !

BUT - its just evolution, as we come on here and go through the upgrades and going bigger and wheeling harder stuff its just comes to a realization that the JK, although a great dual purpose rig , its not the most ideal wheeler without sinking some heavy coin into it..

i recently when through the debate of getting rid of the Jk for a LS YJ and would still have a Jeep and put 10g's in my pocket.

I am thinking that it is probably more practical to keep the JK at this point for what I am doing with it, but the idea of a dedicated trail rig is more and more appealing to me at this point.

so in closing, I just think its the road we choose on what we want to do to our rigs that leads us here or away from here.. overall. this site is great and has been huge in getting my JK set up to where I can wheel it on decent stuff and still have it perform as a DD..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.