JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installed my drop down tailgate (sorry pics gotta wait for spring/paint. My question is does anyone know of a tire carrier that mounts to the factory hinge mounts? I believe the cj7 had them originally?

I would like to run without the spare mostly and use removeanle pins to remove when not needed (around town). A bumper mounted tire carrier is not an option as I will be getting a very simple rear bumper as light as possible.

I'm not new to fabbing but new to welding. I'm sure I could weld something up with some square tubing but uh, what sort of welder would get me these easy projects? Looking to build a trailer frame down the road so gimme a welder that would do that too :)

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I've checked it out on a OR Fab guys JKU. It is really solid and well built. I was impressed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's 499 on qtec, I'll be saving for awhile.

Sent from my piece of crap Droid Charge using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I've checked it out on a OR Fab guys JKU. It is really solid and well built. I was impressed.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this. Awesome carrier...does not rattle or squeak at all...built like a tank........and it will take you 45 minutes to unwrap it when it arrives 'cuz they package that bitch like it's goin' to Mars! :koolaid:

·
Registered
55 Posts
A bit expensive and heavy looking for me I might have to fab something up
It isn't that heavy. Dunno on weight. I think the box said 70lbs. It felt light as hell in it though. Install was kind of a pain without an angle drill....but well worth it. Solid! Very solid! Very happy with mine. But if you can Fab...Fab away!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts