JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posting a new idea, has anyone tried to pull bulbs out of the dash lights (dummy lights) have brake light stuck on tried everything no one has any clue can you just rip out a buld or something so u dont see the the bright trouble code lights...theres nothing wrong and I woud know if my parking break is on obviously. took apart entire ebrake system under console under chassis, and even unplugged the sensors under the hood still lit up like a christmas tree... by the way so last resort.. Im guessing its a computer board with leds so it may not even be possible... any thoughts

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Unplugging things is not going to make the light go away. As I understand they are soldered to the board. No bulbs to pull. Get it diagnosed.

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
black electrical tape? thats what i put over my "hi beam indicator" since its so freaking bright.

·
Registered
33 Posts
black electrical tape? thats what i put over my "hi beam indicator" since its so freaking bright.
Yup, lights are soldered to the circuit board and I was afraid I would damage it if I tried to remove them. I just put a small piece of electrical tape on the back side of the instrument panel over the lights I know are on constantly

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i pulled the cluster and "painted" over half my high beam LED with m-nu.. basically flat black enamel. worked great. still plainly visible at night. not too bright now.

as for the brake light... i guess tape would work. does in our Crown Vics at work.:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts