JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wantin to get my hands on a JK dana 30 front axle for a CRAZY axle idea... I'm headed from AR to UT this weekend and could pick one up along the way if I can find some one with one sitting around needing picked up...

Can be bent or broken for all I care. :thefinger:

Let me know. My Cell is 817 880 4826 if you want to call or text.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What's the idea? I am curious

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the idea? I am curious
heavy shave with turned down R&P, 3.07 gears, 3" .375 wall dom tubes, KP inner c's and knuckles with Axle Tech outer portal boxes...

The Portals will take the stress off the shafts and R&P along with offer almost 2:1 at the wheels giving the ability to run a high ratio R&P with more gear contact, and with the shave I plan to do there will only be about 2" of diff that is abou 3" wide hanging below the axle tubes... That along with the portal boxes should net the most ground clearance of any axle built and also with the mentioned strength perks I'll be able to run a 40-42 inch tire with out the fear of breaking.

Now you know... should also be about the most expensive D30 ever built too. :laughing:

·
Registered
391 Posts
interesting I would like to see a build thread and hear how it holds up
I had a guy who worked for me with an XJ HP 30 4.11 running 37" tires
every time he took it out he broke the ring and pinion and it was always in reverse extracting others.

·
Registered
255 Posts
heavy shave with turned down R&P, 3.07 gears, 3" .375 wall dom tubes, KP inner c's and knuckles with Axle Tech outer portal boxes...

The Portals will take the stress off the shafts and R&P along with offer almost 2:1 at the wheels giving the ability to run a high ratio R&P with more gear contact, and with the shave I plan to do there will only be about 2" of diff that is abou 3" wide hanging below the axle tubes... That along with the portal boxes should net the most ground clearance of any axle built and also with the mentioned strength perks I'll be able to run a 40-42 inch tire with out the fear of breaking.
This sounds awesome, somebody find this man an axle!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This sounds awesome, somebody find this man an axle!!!
Yup still looking!!!!

I already located most of my parts, just looking for the center section... Would also like some stock gears... 3.21 would be best, since the H1 hubs are almost 2:1 and would leave me around 6.19:1 at the wheels. I have 37" krawlers with a 4.0 and aw4 backed by an Atlas 4.3, so gearing on and offroad would be just about perfect.

like I said. all I need is the center section and would probably have the owner ether cut the tubes off to make shipping cheap. Or just drive to get it if I could. I don't care what the condition is... Even if you put a hole in the housing. I can still use it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Whats up Josh! :thefinger:

You can just through one of your rockwells under it and I'll come get your turdyfive.

LOL
I don't know about that, just got my gear sets matching again.

One of the guys in my club has a 30 housing, $20 if you want it, pretty sure it has the carrier as well. And I can throw the gear set in there, not sure how much shipping would be though

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know about that, just got my gear sets matching again.

One of the guys in my club has a 30 housing, $20 if you want it, pretty sure it has the carrier as well. And I can throw the gear set in there, not sure how much shipping would be though
I'll come down and get it from you... or next time you come up here just bring it with you...

:grinpimp:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts