JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made this out of 6" dia 3/8" steel pipe. Welded to bottom of bracket...shouldn't get hung up on obstacles anymore...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to relocate previously, using RE lift and droped tb brackets w/ Poly reloc bracket and Fox 2.0 stab....Spent much time and $$ and wound up w/ several issues that I couldnt resolve w/o spending even MORE $$...This temp fix was cheap, easy, and fast.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
:beer::beer::beer:for figuring out the obvious; the more one spends and adds to his Jeep, the more one discovers he needs to correct, spend, and then add again, to fix that which didn't exist before the initial spend and add...it's a vicious world out their...nice job on your simple fix.;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just installed a Teraflex steering stabilizer along with the Woods relocation bracket at the axle end. I rotated the entire tie rod bracket up so that the stabilzer stud is pointing up and the factory tie-rod bracket is out of the way(the one you have so nicely skidded). It works great as far as I can tell. I just installed couple days ago and haven't had it off-road yet. Go ahead, ask for a picture! I'll get one as soon as possible.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MOAB4ME- My prob (condensed) was : using (co A) lift that incl:(welded) f&r dropped trackbar brackets, histeer draglink, & adj trackbar ALONG W/ (co B) relocated bracket & oversize stabilizer. When it all went together...the (co B) relocated bracket caused the (co A) trackbar to be @ different angle than (co A) highsteer draglink...as well as possible clearence issues (@ full droop left/ right- not sure thou). Eventually i'll get a Woods (or co A) bracket w aftmkt stabilizer, but ULTIMATELY could not bring myself to cutoff (welded) front & rear tb brackets & buy new ( co B) brackets. I may have totally overlooked something throughout the process but i dont think so. I don't mind being an idiot w/ a dwindling JK account...but i HATE bein the guinnea pig w/ all the xtra parts. Iwould love to see pics of the Woods/ Tera set-up.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
MOAB4ME- My prob (condensed) was : using (co A) lift that incl:(welded) f&r dropped trackbar brackets, histeer draglink, & adj trackbar ALONG W/ (co B) relocated bracket & oversize stabilizer. When it all went together...the (co B) relocated bracket caused the (co A) trackbar to be @ different angle than (co A) highsteer draglink...as well as possible clearence issues (@ full droop left/ right- not sure thou). Eventually i'll get a Woods (or co A) bracket w aftmkt stabilizer, but ULTIMATELY could not bring myself to cutoff (welded) front & rear tb brackets & buy new ( co B) brackets. I may have totally overlooked something throughout the process but i dont think so. I don't mind being an idiot w/ a dwindling JK account...but i HATE bein the guinnea pig w/ all the xtra parts. Iwould love to see pics of the Woods/ Tera set-up.
You can see the bracket with the stock SS here: http://www.jeepswag.com/#Jeep_JK_Steering_Stabilizer_Relocation_Kit

Thanks for the props Moab4Me

·
Registered
119 Posts
I figured you had an issue like that! I was posting more for those who have a closer to stock set-up. What I have now by just adding the Woods kit for about $30 and no fabrication accomplishes similar result. :beer:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will relocate eventually..just wanted an excuse to weld..and show off my creativity i guess...Also, I didnt know if MOAB4ME had seen the other post about my RE/Poly dilemma.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I will relocate eventually..just wanted an excuse to weld..and show off my creativity i guess...Also, I didnt know if MOAB4ME had seen the other post about my RE/Poly dilemma.
No I hadn't. Here is one picture I have taken. I have a better showing the tie rod end, just haven't uploaded it yet.

This picture shows the Riddler more than anything, but you can see the end of the SS also.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
The Woods relocation is a great way to go because it gets it out of the way and it doesn't add anymore weight to the jeep. Not that you're adding very much but it all adds up. I'm so glad I had it when I ran John Bull last weekend. Not sure if it would still be there if I hadn't moved it.
This is what happened without the relocated steering stabilizer....John Bull last weekend.........we'll be getting one from you soon, Woods :D

And this is what happened:

~Richard & Melissa~

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turbo must be a lousy spotter...but he's cute...I'd keep him!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Turbo must be a lousy spotter...but he's cute...I'd keep him!

LOL he does have a cute hair cut doesn't he????????? :chihuahua:
~Melissa~

1 - 15 of 15 Posts