JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
seemed to hold up pretty well to that. I just want to see the rest of the tests and the passenger compartment.
and NOT anything written by Consumer Reports.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Wow, that was what speed? The clip is so short and the JK goes by so fast I'm guessing 45mph?

Now I see why all the free space up front for crumple zone. Too bad that's also what Jeep sees and supposedly why they decided not to fill the engine bay with motor.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Wow, that was what speed? The clip is so short and the JK goes by so fast I'm guessing 45mph?

Now I see why all the free space up front for crumple zone. Too bad that's also what Jeep sees and supposedly why they decided not to fill the engine bay with motor.
naaa man , your thinking is all fawked :D that space is justified reason to buy stuff to PUT under the hood :laughing: you know, forced induction, dual batts, OBA, shower, inverter, welder.... :grinpimp:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
naaa man , your thinking is all fawked :D that space is justified reason to buy stuff to PUT under the hood :laughing: you know, forced induction, dual batts, OBA, shower, inverter, welder.... :grinpimp:
I'd rather they shoe horned in the 6.1 Hemi. :thefinger: :laughing:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
that stuff is cool.... it will either compress or just get out of the way....

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
seemed to hold up pretty well to that. I just want to see the rest of the tests and the passenger compartment.
and NOT anything written by Consumer Reports.
5 stars

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I noticed in the side impact video it looked like the only thing that save the driver was the Frame rail. With how fast the side was smashing in I am pretty sure you would be f'ed if the impact was above the frame. I knwo that is pretty unlikely but still looked pretty scary before it hit the frame

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
How about they use this one for a crash test vehicle? :devil: :laughing:

BWAHAHAHAHA, but no need for a REAL crash test dummy, the "dummy" that owns it can write a review of any injuries.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I crash tested my 07,, doing 55 had a dodge neon hit me head on doing 60-70.. The other driver was killed shortly after being removed from the crumpled neon.. Both my wife and I have neck and back issues(I broke my neck) but We did get out of the JK ourselves.. great front impact survivabilty built in these things!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I crash tested my 07,, doing 55 had a dodge neon hit me head on doing 60-70.. The other driver was killed shortly after being removed from the crumpled neon.. Both my wife and I have neck and back issues(I broke my neck) but We did get out of the JK ourselves.. great front impact survivabilty built in these things!
Ouch! Glad to here you came out of it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
If my case ever gets settled,, I'll post the pics here.. but until it does I cant go into details or post pics.. but the neon was BAD...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts