JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks to me like it would need a skid plate... Lots of people talk about the evap cooler needing a skid and that just puts the muffler right next to the evap.

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
I have been looking around for a new exhaust as I banged the hell outta mine about two weeks ago. I have come across this exhaust www.cooltechllc.com/jeep/jk_exhaust_kit.htmand wanted some suggestions and or opinions on it

THanks
Check this out: http://www.jeepswag.com/jeepswagmuff/

- Mandrel bent
- Stainless Steel
- Great sound
- Highest clearance system available
- By far the best price out there, for a Mandrel Bent Stainless Cat-Back system

There's a sound clip at the bottom of my web page.

Looks to me like it would need a skid plate... Lots of people talk about the evap cooler needing a skid and that just puts the muffler right next to the evap.
You have to relocate the evap can to use my muffler kit. I did this, so the muffler is protected by the lower rear control arm. Ask around, I've wheeled my JK HARD. I've never damaged the muffler. The muffler location is a bit further back and much closer to the frame rail, from where the evap can sits.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone actually have the cool tech kit? Trying to find out if my evaporator canister skid plate is going to be in the way or not I e-mailed them and they have no clue wtf I'm talking about. Also if you have the kit how long is muffler and I'm guessing 2.5" in and out?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Let me know if you do this.
My exhaust has been bent to shit.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HOly shiz this is an old post, You will need an e vap relocator to do this as the new muffler will take up the same area more or less. Another option is to PM WRmorrison and or look for his posts on the muffler (cherry bomb) we did on his. IT sounds awesome and was hella cheaper than the cool tech kit. IMO a better way to go.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i juswt went to mighty muffler on cavecreek and did a 2 chamber flowmaster (3") and a 90degree turn down before the rear axle. Evap can stayed put and it cost me under $300...sounds beefy

·
Registered
668 Posts
i juswt went to mighty muffler on cavecreek and did a 2 chamber flowmaster (3") and a 90degree turn down before the rear axle. Evap can stayed put and it cost me under $300...sounds beefy[/QUOTPost pics for us all to see

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Under 300.00 jeez. put my Viair tank where muffler used to be and relocated flowmaster hushpower II under the driver seat.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I put a Flowmaster 50 in the stock Evap spot. On a 4 door, you could easily fit both in there. No pics for you Steve :thefinger:

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I put a Flowmaster 50 in the stock Evap spot. On a 4 door, you could easily fit both in there. No pics for you Steve :thefinger:
I am guessing that you relocated your evap?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts