JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried putting stock JK coils in the front of a TJ?
We have an 06 unlimited that we are trying to fit 33's under. We are starting with Modern Classic Industries flexible fenders up front and 4inch xenon flat flares in the rear. With the fenders and some trimming 33's should fit fine... 33 inch GY duratracks to be exact which measure out to be 32.5 inches. However, with the mopar front bumper and warn M8000 the front sits a little low. So I want to level it out a little. I have the stock springs from my JKU and I also have some 1 inch front JK spacers. I'd start with the spacers if they fit.
Any input is appreciated

Here is a teaser pic with the 33's lined up next to her

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Well it came with 32's so you only need an extra 1/2" of clearance. Shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I believe the front coils will. I had a set of TJs and set them together with a set of JKs and they looked very close.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I belive they will lower you jeep!

Due to the I6 vs v6 the weight is in a differant area. I heard that the i6 tj springs actually lifted the front of a jk about an inch. A member said he did this when he installed his winch to leval it back out.

So back to square one I belive, sorry man.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We figured it out. TJ coils have a smaller diameter than JK coils. So, we put in some 1 1/4 inch treeaflex coil spacers. With the spacers and some Modern Classic flexible fenders we where able to squeeze in the 33's.
Here is a shot with the fenders. I dont have one with the spacers and 33's yet but when I get a pic I'll post it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
LOL I was lookin at our TJ back when I put my RK lift on the jk rubi and said "Ya Know ...' as I was boxin all the stock stuff up and kinda just :shaking: shrugged it off. Being I would SO get the adapter rings , run my stock moabs and bfg's on the TJ like nobody's buisness.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So we are done with Phase II. When She purchased the jeep back in April it already had Mopar bumpers, steering box skid and a warn winch as well as the stock Rubicon skid
For Phase II we wanted to fit 33's under it and make it ready for some trails. Seeing as it is My wife's daily we wanted to keep it low and didn't want to loose any ride quality.
So to fit the 33's we added Modern Classic front Flat fenders and Xenon rear flat fenders, and 1 1/4 inch lift spacers to the front.
So far no rubbing and the tires can turn lock to lock with out having to move the steering stops.
In order for it to take a little more abuse off road we fitted up some Rock Hard 4x4 rockers with a nurf bar. We also moved the license plate from its vulnerable stock location to the spare tire.
I still want to add control arm skids and front sway bar disconnects. Then once I mount the CB we have for it it will be ready to take on club runs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts