JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals... 10,000 miles after the clutch and throwout bearing TSBs were performed, the problems are back. :mad:

Clutch chirps when engaging 2nd and 3rd gear.

Throwout bearing squeaks in neutral with clutch pedal released AND squeaks when in gear and under load.

So, I will need to take it in again... But do they even have a fix for this yet? It seems that there must be a design flaw that has yet to be addressed.

The part number of my clutch disc ends with letter "C", so it is the third revision... Has there been another revision?

The throwout bearing they put in was the old design that required shims... So, I guess I can hope that the newer design will actually last.

BTW - Does anyone know of a dealership with a good transmission tech in the DFW area? I will NOT be going back to Huffines-Plano.

Thanks,
Mike

· Registered
355 Posts
They haven't changed it at all. It is still the 52104732-AC "clutch kit" and 52104733-AC "disc only" and hasn't been changed since Oct of '07. The bearing 53008342 is the same through out bearing that they have used since '93. It is used in the XJ's ZJ's TJ's and so on.
So to answer you question they havn't changed a thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.