JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 JKU Sport. My front bumper cover won't tighten against the inner metal bumper frame.

I think the issue is with the 4 large bolts which connect the inner metal frame to the plastic bumper cover. The 4 bolts look like they were pulled/separated from the plastic bumper cover and now won't sit back in.

Note: I am not talking about the 8 bolts which connect the bumper to the wrangler.

Anyone have this issue or can provide ideas how to fix? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
it is not uncommon for the nuts to pull out of the plastic. you could epoxy the nuts in place but you can find new take off bumpers for next to nothing. either that or take the opportunity to get a new aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is not uncommon for the nuts to pull out of the plastic. you could epoxy the nuts in place but you can find new take off bumpers for next to nothing. either that or take the opportunity to get a new aftermarket bumper.

Thanks - most of what I find for sale is the plastic bumper and not both the plastic bumper and the metal frame. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Where are you located? I've got an almost brand new front bumper with stubby end caps for sale. $30 pickup only in Northern California.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts