JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of JK Rubicon axles to go under my TJ and I'm wondering what all is available for them and what's best.

The TJ Rubicon axles that I have now have Yukon 4.88 gears, Superior axle shafts, and Superior front axle tube seals.

I'd like 5.13 or 5.38 gears if available. How are the Superior gears?

I want to keep the stock lockers.

32 spline Superior evolution shafts in the rear

I really want to keep the larger front u-joints with Superior chromoly shafts, but from what I gather, no one makes front shafts that use the larger front joints yet. Are there any other good options like a longfield birfield? Are there no CTM's available in the larger u-joint size yet?

Can you guys post some links for truss's and braces and all of those sorts of things that are available for the axles now.

Sorry for all the noob questions. I got out of the Jeep thing while collecting money for parts and riding my bikes more often.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You are going to have an issue with gears, they are in high demand short supply now. I dont know if anyone is even making the 5:38s yet. I had 5:13 in my TJ and loved it.

As for the shafts, ALLOY USA makes a front set (again in short supply last I heard) that uses the larger JK u-Joint.
Both ALLOY and Superior among others make the gears, from what I understand, despite the "info" the majority are made in India and then just placed in each vendors box, unless you go with Spicer, but I don know if they have them yet either. The axles are nice, i think this is going to be a popular swap.

Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you guys link to some of the different front axle trusses that have been made for the JK's.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The metal brackets (Control arm, Shock and track bar brackets) on these axles are thin and they only weld one side. If they are still off and assessable I would lay another bead on all of them. Even if they are not off, install then weld on the brackets for strength or fab gussets. Get a rear track bar bracket Poly or Teraflex….. Rancho also makes control arm brackets they bolt on but you can weld them too. I think Poly makes these too. Kilby makes rear shock skids these brackets get shredded easy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The metal brackets (Control arm, Shock and track bar brackets) on these axles are thin and they only weld one side. If they are still off and assessable I would lay another bead on all of them. Even if they are not off, install then weld on the brackets for strength or fab gussets. Get a rear track bar bracket Poly or Teraflex….. Rancho also makes control arm brackets they bolt on but you can weld them too. I think Poly makes these too. Kilby makes rear shock skids these brackets get shredded easy.
All of that JK bracketry is going to the scrap yard :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts