JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is goofy I know. But in my TJ I used my ashtray for change... Low and behold there is no ashtray in my Sahara just a flat piece of plastic where I guess it should go. So where do all you toss that coinage from the fast food resturants??

steve

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
mine ends up in the little shallow depression in the console in front of the shifter
x2 but take them out before you go offroad. Sometimes if i bounce while going up a steep incline its like a waterfall of coins down my center console

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have two solutions: I don't eat fast food, and I rarely carry cash let alone change :shaking:

Seriously though I was wondering the same thing the other day. I kinda wish the center console "box" had more cubbies or something other than just a huge void...you know what would be cool...a sort of drop in tray giving you two levels of storage with top "tray" being more easily accessible for things like change, pens, or whatever.

·
Registered
962 Posts
You have a Jeep and spare change?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I put it in that depression in front of the shifter, but it ends up under the seats anyway. So from now on, I'm just gonna throw it on the floor to save time. :D

A

·
0 Posts
This is a timely thread. My wife has completely restricted my access to credit cards and our bank account since I bought the Jeep. All I get now is a small allowance so having somewhere to put the spare change she now gives me is important :bawling:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
After examining the contents of your tray, I have a question. Are you homeless? :D
LOL

I figured he is on the run after killing his wife and shrinking her head. He has the harmonica for after he gets caught so he can play to pass the time. :laughing:

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Classic! French fry holder. :laughing2::laughing2::laughing2: I bet Chrysler starts shipping every new minivan with two of these. Think of the possibilities..........a slightly larger version and it would hold popcorn. Perfect for when you are using your onboard DVD player to entertain the kiddies. What's next.........onboard lazyboys? :D

·
Registered
449 Posts
I use a round coin holder that fits in the cupholder. No pics but it was only a couple bucks at wally world in the auto acc. aisle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I do like all the options..... I'm not homeless so the tray wont work... I'm also trying to loose tonage so the fry holder while stylish is out! Some great ideas... not sure i am willing to give up a cup holder for the change. Also I keep my garage opener in the little cubby in front of the shifter. I like the tray idea... Has anyone removed the little plastic flat plate that is where the ashtray is supposed to be. That area below the cigarette lighters. I wonder what's behind there. Anybody remove that yet? A nice cigar box might fit there!! <grin>.

steve

1 - 20 of 83 Posts