JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that its getting warn finally I want to take off the hard top and keep the soft top on. I am looking for a good hardtop lift that I can hang in my garage for the summer or something that I could assemble to save me money. I have found one but it was about 400 and I was wanting to do alot better on price. Any sugestions? Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just made a capital t shape out of a couple 2x4 with hooks. The top part of the t goes to the top of the rear doors with hooks hooked inside the top, and the bottom of the t goes between the rear glass and top hooked inside the top. An eye hook where the top will balance, and a winch or something to pull it up. I'll take pics in the morning.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I screwed 4 eyebolts into my ceiling joists in my garage. When I back into the garage, 2 bolts line up with the front of the hardtop and two with the rear. With the back glass up I run a tie down straps (non-ratcheting type) from the rear eye bolts, through the gap between the glass and the top, under the top, and hook them to the front eye bolts. Then I un-bolt the top and pull my straps tight. The top will lift right off and hang securely out of the way. I lift mine high enough that I can pull straight into the garage with enough clearance between the top and my hood. I’m taking the top off this evening so I’ll take some pics and post them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I was thinking of doing but wasnt sure how stable that would be. I would love to see some pics. Thanks.

Brandon

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just want what the parts cost me ..... $100 bucks or so. I think the shipping would be steep, heavy chains & L angle ain't cheap. You could probably build on for less. If you need any more pics, let me know. :beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts