JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a Jk Sahara Unlimited 2007, a few days back i took it offroading and crossed some deep water forgetting that the fuse Fuse box is missing the cover, long story short the whole fuse box and the main wiring which goes ECU, Dash and to front lights got burned.
I went checked for new wires and fuse box in dealer shop but it was tooo expensive for me so i went and bought a second hand fuse box and the wires of the same model, after installing everything back to its places the jeep wont start. tried a direct connection to starter and started but wouldnt start from the key, got it checked on computer and it shows communication problem to key mobilizer.
Any idea what should i do?

Sorry im not very good in explaining all this as i dont have any experience im just trying to find a solution for this as i have spent more then 1000 dollars already on it and it wouldnt start.:crying:

i can upload the pics of wires and errors im getting now if needed.

Thanks in advance.:crying::crying:

·
Registered
99 Posts
its just not a fuse box, its the TIPM (total integrated power module). Its programmed to the vehicles ECM, so throwing a used TIPM in there its already programmed from the last vehicles ECU, you'll have to have a dealer flash the ecu, and tipm and reprogram both along with your keys and hope then it works..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just not a fuse box, its the TIPM (total integrated power module). Its programmed to the vehicles ECM, so throwing a used TIPM in there its already programmed from the last vehicles ECU, you'll have to have a dealer flash the ecu, and tipm and reprogram both along with your keys and hope then it works..
@sahara4me
Thank you so much for your reply, i checked with the dealer to check if fuse box is available it wasnt available and then i asked about the one i had bought second hand they said the part no is same and it should work with this ECM.

My old fuse box Part no. 56049717AK
the one i bought second hand . 56049717AH

As you can see both almost the same. the technician started the jeep by direct wire to starter with ignition in ON position, but it dosent start normally.

I think ill make a video and put it up on youtube to show exactly whats going because these people are ripping me off and has no idea what to do.

Thanks alot in advance

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
@sahara4me
Thank you so much for your reply, i checked with the dealer to check if fuse box is available it wasnt available and then i asked about the one i had bought second hand they said the part no is same and it should work with this ECM.

As you can see both almost the same. the technician started the jeep by direct wire to starter with ignition in ON position, but it dosent start normally.

I think ill make a video and put it up on youtube to show exactly whats going because these people are ripping me off and has no idea what to do.

Thanks alot in advance
Close but not the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
@sahara4me

Thanks alot in advance
Part numbers don't have to match but it has to be the same year/make/model of your current one, each year there are several TIPM part numbers that were used, but each one is basically married to the ECU and vin of each specific jeep, you can't just interchange them between same year jeeps. It will have to be flashed and reprogrammed to your jeep before the Canbus and sentry system to recognize the transponder chip in the key and enable the starter, jumping directly to the starter all your doing is bypassing the factory sentry system.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Part numbers don't have to match but it has to be the same year/make/model of your current one, each year there are several TIPM part numbers that were used, but each one is basically married to the ECU and vin of each specific jeep, you can't just interchange them between same year jeeps. It will have to be flashed and reprogrammed to your jeep before the Canbus and sentry system to recognize the transponder chip in the key and enable the starter, jumping directly to the starter all your doing is bypassing the factory sentry system.

Good to know. Bookmarked this thread....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@sahara4me

Thank you soo much for your feedback really appreciate it.

I did what you suggested and tried reprogramming the whole system but it wouldnt happen turns out the Dash wire harness is different from the original one,
i looked every where for it but my jk original Dash wire harness is different from the same year make model and spec out there, i checked like almost 20 JKU of 2007 year but seems like my Dash wire harness is different.
have any idea of any website who sell used wire harness for JKs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
2007 models have a different wire schematic so you need to make sure you buy a 2007 box.
The wire harness may have been switched to a rubicon model to add lockers (which does not work) I know quadratic sold those harnesses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are Dash wire harness
original has 2 wires extra and the one i bought has 2 less.

Original TIPM no 056049717AK
second hand i bought 056049717AH

So am looking still looking for the JKU Dash wire harness which will match my original Dash wire harness, very frustrating.

Thanks everyone will keep you guys updated.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts