JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What: First Jersey Crew / Animal Orphanage Charity Wheelin' Event - Muddy Paws Run!

When: Saturday March 24, 2012. Registration starts 9 AM. Departure is firm @ 11 AM.

Begins @ 9 AM.

Registration Fee: $20.00 per Jeep. Registration includes one event T-Shirt. Additional T-shirts will be available at registration for $10.00. All registration fees and additional T-shirt monies will be donated to the Animal Orphanage after the cost of the T-Shirts.

Where: Staging at my house. 2434 Hopewell Rd, Berlin, NJ 08009. Ending at The Animal Orphanage, 419 Cooper Rd. Voorhees, NJ 08043

Why: Since 1988, the Voorhees Animal Orphanage has been dedicated to providing shelter, food and medical care to stray and unwanted animals until permanent homes can be found. Each year the Animal Orphanage takes in nearly 1,500 abandoned, unwanted, stray and owner relinquished animals. In 2009, the Animal Orphanage rescued 275 adoptable animals from high kill shelters along the east coast. All of these animals would have been euthanized. Every animal in our shelter receives individual consideration regardless of how many animals we take in, or whether the animals are healthy, elderly, underaged, sick, or injured. We provide care and treatment for all animals in the shelter to the extent necessary. Each and every life is precious to us! The shelter staff and volunteers care for approximately 150-200 animals on a daily basis.

Programs include an animal shelter and adoption center, a mandatory spay and neuter program, volunteer opportunities and humane education classes for school children and the general public.

The money to finance the annual budget of the shelter comes from fees paid by municipalities to house their stray animals; fees charged to reclaim, adopt or surrender an animal; annual appeals, fundraisers, monetary donations and legacies or bequests. The Voorhees Animal Orphanage is NOT funded by the county, and receives NO state or federal funding.

My good friend Christine is the Executive Director of The A.O. Knowing that they are always in need, I thought this would be a great opportunity for the Jersey Crew to use our considerable ability at charity to help out our less fortunate and furry friends.

What to Donate: Quality wet dog food, gift cards to WalMart and Petsmart. They have plenty of storage. Don't be shy!

The Plan:
- To meet and stage at my house, and roll out enforce to the Animal Orphanage; approximately three miles West @ 11 AM.
- Drop off furry friends goodies, meet the staff, bask in the glory of doing good things.
- Depart The A.O. @ 12 PM for the Ranger Station @ Atsion via Cooper Rd, to Hopewell Rd, to Jackson Rd, to Atsion Rd and reconnect for wheelin'.
- We will split into small groups
- Get dirty!
- Get to The Pic!
- Get our drink on!

Notes:
- Pets are welcome!
- There is plenty of parking at my house. Please park on Joyce Way, next to my house, or in my back yard. Don't pull in the driveway. Not enough room!
- I'm going to send a press release to the local news agencies. It's good exposure for The A.O., and good press for the JC's mantra of responsible wheeling and doing good things.
- It would be great to roll out together, so please be at the staging area in time to DEPART @ 11 AM.
- If we come up with a good name for the event, I'll edit this post to reflect it.
- I'm more than happy to lead the charity part of the event, but it would favor us all if someone else will volunteer to lead the wheelin'. I'll just get us all fucked up and lost. :)

Changes: 2/20/12
- Added a registration fee. Why? Dave & I were talking yesterday and we thought it would be a great idea to have T-shirts made. Only problem there is, T-shirts cost money. Not only that, the A.O. can use money more than anything. But PLEASE also bring donation items as previously mentioned. They can use ALL the help they can get.

- Changed staging location to my house. Why? I rethought pulling dozens of Jeeps into the R & F parking lot unannounced. That could end badly if the stores or property management complains. I have plenty of room at my house, and it's only an extra 2 miles. Plus it will be easier to get rolling and we won't need LEO's.

SO, WHO'S IN???

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shit Reg is working , we will get some food to you .
DAMN IT!
Thats the weekend I start my weekend rotations but I will donate and give it to someone the week before at MrT's de-install party.
AND DAMN IT!

Is Saturday the 17th better for either of you? How about you, Howie?

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Are we talking March 17 or 18?

Donation, absolutely.

Wheelin, damn I hope so. I coach lacrosse and the season kicks off in late March. Eats up my weekends. :shitstorm: Let me know.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Me and my 2 German shepherds could possibly make this run depending on the date.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm in; Went to the Academy with two Voorhee's guys who should have some rank now and Gina went to High School with one or two of them. I'll reach out and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Oh and one of my Sgt's run's our K9 Unit and has a modded JK "Rock Monster" (Bought not built) from Adams Jeep. I'll see if he wants to run, and/or get our K9 unit involved.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm in; Went to the Academy with two Voorhee's guys who should have some rank now and Gina went to High School with one or two of them. I'll reach out and see what they have to say.
Oh and one of my Sgt's run's our K9 Unit and has a modded JK "Rock Monster" (Bought not built) from Adams Jeep. I'll see if he wants to run, and/or get our K9 unit involved.
Very cool!

1 - 20 of 318 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.