JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a group of us explored Ozark National Forest in northern Arkansas. Our 4 JKU's were fantastic in the tight trails and we had a blast. I'm based in Kansas City and it's at least a day's drive to anything remotely interesting. ONF is a 5-hour drive for me and has hundreds of miles of forest roads to explore. If you're in the area check it out!

We went in October when the area was in a drought so water crossings were low. Entire rivers were dry, which makes this the second time I've experienced the forest like that. I think stock Jeeps are best suited for the trails as many are narrow. The wider rigs in our group were often squeezing their tires between trees on tight bypasses around fallen trees. Navigation was hit or miss as well. I consulted the latest MVUM while planning our route. We found that many trails had been re-cut through the forest adjacent to their previous paths. A recent tornado meant an entire section of the forest was inaccessible. Luckily we ran into many locals along the way that recommended alternate routes. Anyways, here's a 12-minute video I made highlighting our journey.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts