JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ac compressor finally quit tonight. lots of smoke and all that good stuff. i have one available about 6 months ago and i dont know why i didnt get it. so now i can only hope i can find one soon. even if i just get it put in and not hooked up right away ill be fine.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
That sucks man. I've been there, but under warranty thankfully. I've had some good luck finding stuff on moparpartsamerica.com in the past. Maybe they have them. They have good prices on there too. Got my new wheel bearings from there a while back. And a seatbelt assembly.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm trying to get it up and running this weekend. It still drives fine. But the compressor gets so hot its smoking. So its only a matter of time before something breaks. Id rather not be stuck on the side of the road so I'm just going to fix it

·
Registered
635 Posts
This.....do you really need ac anyway
Thats how mines setup... ac pulley siezed on me and i just got the smaller belt to bypass it

Sent from the asshole with no front plate!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no i looked into this a while ago. you need to buy a compressor delete kit. a new pulley needs to take place of the ac compressor. anyway i already have one on order and my dads shop is going to throw it in for me. only cost me 150. and i thought about doing the delete kit... i never use my ac but it is nice to defrost/defog my windows. if this next one goes again im going the delete kit.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Wait a minuet, JKs came with A/C? :thefinger:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.