JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hydrolocked my motor over memorial day..just got insurance settlement and I'm contemplating what to do..

·
Registered
821 Posts
D
E
I
S
E
L
:bounce:

X2. I was wanting to go Hemi but now that 4bt is enticing me. Besides if you went deep enough to hydrolock then electronics are probably screwed too, right?

Sorry to here about the damage but there's the whole lemons into lemonade thing :D

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Contact someone around you that does hemi swaps grab a 3.8 cheap and build a care free krawler with a salvage title
That's what Id do

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
They totalled it for just the engine? That sucks, I'd buy it back!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They totalled it for just the engine? That sucks, I'd buy it back!
They want 35% as a salvage before I go n try to rebuild it..or they give me 21k..I paid 12k with a trade in..

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thinking about taking the 21k and starting over..or wait n get a 2012
Was just reading the 2012 will have 290hp..in a 2dr yes please..

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Contact someone around you that does hemi swaps grab a 3.8 cheap and build a care free krawler with a salvage title
That's what Id do
X2 on that chop cut wheel. No more computer, can bus, do a simple small block, tranney and atlas tcase and hit the rocks.

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
Really?!? They decided to total for $21k vs putting in a new engine? No wonder our collective rates are so high...

Are you going to be able to pull off your new Toyos and anything else (swap with stock) before/if you turn in?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Really?!? They decided to total for $21k vs putting in a new engine? No wonder our collective rates are so high...

Are you going to be able to pull off your new Toyos and anything else (swap with stock) before/if you turn in?
Nope they get it the way pics weRe taken by adjuster i asked...any time there's a claim regarding water it's deemed totaled

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't even think I'll be there when the tow truck comes to take her away :(

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
$5000 to $7000 for a tow slut, $1000 to $2000 for a trailer and $5000 to $10000 for a trail rig and you got a grand or more leftover. That's what I'd do

1 - 20 of 73 Posts