JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi JK Owners!

My wife, two kids, and I are going on our yearly spring break trip to Colorado in March of 2016 and plan on exploring the Moab area in our 08 Sahara JK for the first time on the 15th and 16th. It looks like the skinny tire festival will be going on though and from what I have been reading, many of the trails state they are only open starting in April... Should we be ok with easy trails, or should we just plan on going to Moab another time?

I have always wanted to go to Moab but am a bit nervous since we wont have anyone to go exploring with. Our JK is still pretty stock, but it does have rock rails, off road bumpers, and BFG KM2 tires. Any thoughts? Our trip only allows us these two days before we have to head back to Kansas, but I would love to explore some of what the Moab area has to offer.

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
388 Posts
http://www.rr4w.com

That is the local offroad clubs website. It would be a good place to start and find a contact to get more info...

Have fun. You will be fine with a stock jeep, Moab isn't really that tough. My personal observation was that over the years people with small tires have drug their undercarriage over most of the ledges and "ground down" the rock/sandstone. most of the trails have VERY rounded edges made by folks with smaller tires. Its mostly a situation of "off-camber" obstacles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts