JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 2, - Wharton, NJ - 10AM - We're Jeepin for Josie!

If you dont know what this is for read this.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42309

Camping should be available from after work on Friday the First and breaking camp on Sunday the 3rd for those with a long drive ahead. Campground of choice is the Batona Campground. For anyone who made last year's JKO camping trip, this is the same place.

Go here for info on the camping. This is going to be a good time!!! :beer:
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43824

If you need directions, look up "Carranza Memorial" on google maps. When you get to the Carranza Memorial, the entrance to this campsite is across the street about 50 yds down on the other side of the road. There will be signage at the entrance to mark it.

Poker Run Event is open to all licensed drivers.
Entry fee $20/vehicle and 5/passenger.
Prizes: Check post #2 for a running count of prizes.
There will be a 2WD loop that may cross some sandy roads, but nothing that would require a 4WD vehicle
There will be a 4WD loop that requires 4WD and at least one recovery point.
Registration starts at 10 AM
Run will start at 11 AM and run until the last player gets back to the starting line. Leave no rig behind!

Camping Camping is $20 per person for the entire weekend. See Camping thread for info on this and payment info.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43824
Kids under 12 ride/camp for free.
No alcohol at the campsite - sorry. its a state forest so that's more a state law than a rule.

Last April we were at this campground by midafternoon Friday and didn't head out until late afternoon on Sunday, so we should have plenty of time to do a Sunday Run over to Forked River.
Volunteers have already stepped up to take the lead on that one (Thanks Chris & Kyle!)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
SAFARI STRAPS has signed on as a sponsor and is sending some goodies for the poker run! :D:D
RIGID INDUSTRIES has signed on as a sponsor and is sending a set of Dually Lights!
One of our members RubiZealot has donated an evap skid for the poker run.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
SAFARI STRAPS has signed on as a sponsor and is sending some goodies for the poker run! :D:D
Wish I could make it. I have relatives in Jersey... mother's side of the family.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You dont have to bring the Jeep. We can get you a seat.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Wish I could make it. I have relatives in Jersey... mother's side of the family.
X2 - You can be my wingman anytime, Maverick.

(Do I get bonus points for the Top Gun reference?)

We will certainly be able to find you a seat for the poker run if you make the trip!

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
X2 - You can be my wingman anytime, Maverick.

(Do I get bonus points for the Top Gun reference?)

We will certainly be able to find you a seat for the poker run if you make the trip!
We can certainly get u a seat but if u ride w Dan maybe we can get some pics we can actually make out that it's a jeep run!:thefinger: Actually his photo skills have improved but his drivin is another story....

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
madmarty,
Yes we have had many stock JKs out there. Including both mine and my wife's. The creator of the event, Dan runs his out there in stock form. You will not be alone.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Awesome! Someone's gonna be lighting up the night in April!

:beer:
That will be me with any luck! :thefinger: Donation post updated. Am I missing anyone Dan? Post #2

All info in OP has been updated. Dan, Let me know if Im missing anything.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Actually, there is a new website (not yet online) that will be handling the donations. It seems we have a whole new set of hoops to jump through now that the paperwork for NPO (Non-Profit Organization) tax exempt status is being finalized. I'll be posting more about this as info becomes available to me. We're still at a very liquid point in the process and I want to ensure everyone is on the same page.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Im in for a set of Dually lights, someone pm me with the address for shipping, i will gladly send them out.
Taylor
RECEIVED!!

:beer:

I'll be in touch asap with a receipt from Josie's charitable organization!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts