JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On that forum which must not be named a RedRock4x4 said that Jeeperman was closing it's doors. I guess I waited too long for the initial order crush to settle, apparently Jeeperman was crushed by the orders. Is the rumor of their demise exaggerated or true? Anyone heard?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I read on RubiconOwnersForum that they seem to have gone away. I didn't read all the rumored details but did not that it was sad news especially on the heals of Nth's demise. I hope this isn't a trend and the little guys can hold on and win out during this time of economic slowdown. I know my business have had 1/2 the typical amounts of sales and with the amount of foreclosures going on I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Jeeperman has closed it's doors.....

If you try to look them up, it now has a disclaimer that they have indeed shut their doors but will honor remaining orders or issue refunds.

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
i know some guys that used to work there. they now work for a local shop that i goto all of the time. they are doing some fab work at this new shop and showed me some of there work, it looks great i am going to have them build me a rear bumper and tire carrier

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know some guys that used to work there. they now work for a local shop that i goto all of the time. they are doing some fab work at this new shop and showed me some of there work, it looks great i am going to have them build me a rear bumper and tire carrier
Well, I hope they have a website AND they produce a similar bumper. I wanted a jeeperman rear bumper since their SEMA 2006 appearance and waited too long to order it. Opportunities missed. Having a receiver hitch AND an opening for a rear winch along with all the other accessories made it the Swiss Army Knife of rear bumpers. (And I am aware of all the issues jeeperman had with manufacturing and shipping. That is why I waited. I figured they'd get their act together especially with the demand. But business acumen was sorely missing. Just another great idea/product, poor execution business story.)

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
Well, I hope they have a website AND they produce a similar bumper. I wanted a jeeperman rear bumper since their SEMA 2006 appearance and waited too long to order it. Opportunities missed. Having a receiver hitch AND an opening for a rear winch along with all the other accessories made it the Swiss Army Knife of rear bumpers. (And I am aware of all the issues jeeperman had with manufacturing and shipping. That is why I waited. I figured they'd get their act together especially with the demand. But business acumen was sorely missing. Just another great idea/product, poor execution business story.)
pm sent with info

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was able to purchase one of the last Jeeperman rear bumpers to be shipped. It really is a good product. Since I'm new to this site and don't want to be labeled a pimper, all I can say is that I have great hope for the new company. The owner has great business sense and can give new life to the products. His retail company is my new favorite after watching him do everthing possible to make sure my purchase went well. After speaking with him this week, he's trying to get the new venture rolling ASAP. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
No one gets labels for providing the community with valuable information.

By all means provide the information publicly.

I heard that someone from there was going to Utah to start a joint venture but don't remember the name.

It is sad that we loose brands but good that the experience is reintegrated into the design and construction part of the community.

:bounce:

·
Registered
42 Posts
No one gets labels for providing the community with valuable information.

By all means provide the information publicly.

I heard that someone from there was going to Utah to start a joint venture but don't remember the name.

It is sad that we loose brands but good that the experience is reintegrated into the design and construction part of the community.

:bounce:
Cool - Watch RedRockFab.com for the new company. His site should be in service soon.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, this certainly is an inauspicious start to a new website:

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Ok, put me on your list for info.

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: [email protected]
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
Remote system: dns;mail.modwest.com (TCP|206.46.252.42|37971|216.129.251.30|25) (mfe3.msomt.modwest.com ESMTP Postfix [Debian/GNU])

:pissed:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know his exact timetable, but like I said, it should be in service soon. Like other manufacturers such Poly, there appears to be a large influx of new products waiting to be brought to market. I'm waiting to see what SEMA reveals and then spend. Speaking of Poly Performance, they had quite a few new products on their JK at the ORE. They had a skid plate and front bumper that looked very good but are not yet on their web site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, this certainly is an inauspicious start to a new website:

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Ok, put me on your list for info.

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: [email protected]
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
Remote system: dns;mail.modwest.com (TCP|206.46.252.42|37971|216.129.251.30|25) (mfe3.msomt.modwest.com ESMTP Postfix [Debian/GNU])

:pissed:
I'm not trying to pimp anything but I just wanted to let you know that problem should be resolved.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I'm not trying to pimp anything but I just wanted to let you know that problem should be resolved.
Awesome!

And you must have this forum confused with someplace else.

Welcome to the forum and may your new venture grow and prosper!

If you can help our community out, and we can help you out, all we ask is that you help us out in kind.:beer:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great news. Message SENT, ACCEPTED and ACKNOWLEDGED all in the same day! Much better!

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your interest in Red Rock Fabrication!

I've taken your contact information down and we are going to try to send out a mass email once products are available. Due to the nature of mass emails, sometimes they're caught as spam and shut down, so please keep an eye on our website as well.

We should have something up hopefully in the next few weeks. We currently have a prototype version of our new stubby front bumper w/ winch plate and fog lights on my JK and I'd like to get pictures up very soon.

We definitely will have a similar JK Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier. That is one of our first production items in addition to the new stubby front. How similar I don't know, we are going to have to modify the design some and we're not yet finalized there.

I appreciate you sharing your interest in the rear winch option, that's been something we've been going back and forth on.

Regardless, I'm fully confident with Kelly's experience and skills we'll have the best JK Tire Carrier on the market

We're hoping to be shipping some product in the next 2-3 months and I'll certainly do my best to keep you posted.

Regards,
Jason Shields
801.566.ROCK (7625)
[email protected]
http://www.redrockfab.com

·
Registered
587 Posts
Good stuff. I hope they can incorporate a winch into it like Jeeperman did as well. That was the key feature that I really liked about theirs.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Atleast we can get his roll bar handlles cheap...............

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Not pimping anything, but Jeeperman is far from dead and will be reopened soon...
Hopefully it wont be the rangler line I received earlier this last year, and yes I have Jeeperman front and rear bumpers, :thefinger:

And no I ain't no spy sirs :shaking:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts