JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to look forward to riding my bicycle to the office once or twice a week for the exercise and for the gas savings. Since I got my JK (my 6th Wrangler) I now find it hard to relinquish the keys even for the exercise. Must continue to tell self - BACK AWAY FROM THE JEEP, BACK AWAY FROM THE JEEP...............:)

Shalom

·
Registered
137 Posts
Give the bike away and do 10 laps around the Jeep before each drive. You can always tell yourself that driving is good for keeping hand to eye coordination sharp.

Glad to help!

Cheers,
Duffy

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
HAHA

I had a chopper as my daily driver. Loved riding to work every day, and 45mpg was great for the budget.

Then I bought my JK. I not only stopped riding to work, I sold the chopper in order to pay for my JK addiction.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I still make up completely useless reasons to drive my JK, even after having it over two years now...it never gets old...:bounce:

·
Registered
495 Posts
LOL the wife an I were just talking about running errands this weekend. Got kind of excited cause it was topless jeep day Saturday. Now we have a reason to cruise around. I just wanna finish early and head out to the creek.:beer:

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
LOL the wife an I were just talking about running errands this weekend. Got kind of excited cause it was topless jeep day Saturday. Now we have a reason to cruise around. I just wanna finish early and head out to the creek.:beer:
What time you going out? Me and my wife will be out around 10:30-ish. We usually head back home around 3 (hate that hour drive back to Sugar Land)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I live 1 mile from work.... 1 mile... I drive everyday :thefinger:
Haha I have a similar delimma... I live about 4-5 miles from work and I have to make excuses to drive places just so I can get in the Jeep! :shaking:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
This sounds like a tough dilemma. As an avid Colorado cyclist myself, I recommend you do what I did:

Spend every dime you have making your JK big, bouncy, heavy, inefficient, abusive, and generally a handful for the daily commute and a questionable daily driver.

Not only will you be out of cash to fill the tank, but you'll want to take the bike anyway. Now you have a killer JK and you're in shape!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I'll just keep my bike on the back of the Jeep............. That way when I'm not riding the bike, it's at least getting to ride in/on the Jeep with me. :bounce:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts