JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been slamming busy at work the past few weeks this month at home so I'm a little behind on this months tip.

This is not going top be new tip to many of you. Yet, lying beneath Jeeps as much as I do , it always surprises me that not everyone defaults to this . I've had folks ask me why I don't just move them out of my way...

First ,we all know that it is safe & proper to set your Jeep on jackstands when you must use a jack to lift it up & work under it w/out one ,or both, pair-of-wheels removed.

Make it even safer by placing the removed tire/wheels under each side of the frame, behind the area you are working on. That way should the unthinkable occur, the rig won't use your body to stop the Jeeps downward fall from the failed jackstands (?) but instead will fall on the prone wheel-tire and you will be very glad they did.

I am sure you guys have garage /mechanical suggestions and helpful methodologies so let's have 'em. :wink_animate:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I still use wheel chocks to keep the Jeep from rolling while I'm under it working. I actually have chocks but sometimes I use the Jeeps tires as chocks if I've taken them off for some reason - to get them out of the way to work on brakes or suspension or steering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts