JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I was looking for a set of center caps with a "Jeep" logo to add to my Rugged Ridge XHD wheels. I couldn't find anything out there so I ended up having some custom made. I'm posting this just to see if there were others out there who were looking for something similar. If so I can get more of these made for $20 each. This is about the cost of making them, I'm not trying to make any $ just want to provide an option. Here are some pictures, I am happy the way they turned out. PM me if you are interested.

flat black painted
jk34.jpg

On wheels
jk35.jpg
jk36.jpg
jk37.jpg

Raw center cap
jk38.jpg

Back side with dimensions
jk39.jpg
jk40.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts

these are better than others I've seen where some moron has added a " © "
symbol after the word "Jeep" . These aren't tainted by such clutter.

Pretty cool!

:thefinger:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep - I understand. If there were Jeep made ones that would fit the Rigged Ridge wheel - I would have definitely bought those instead.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm in for a set!

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Yep - I understand. If there were Jeep made ones that would fit the Rigged Ridge wheel - I would have definitely bought those instead.

You sir are one of the few who've come to realize that about 60% of what I post is sarcasm & it was refreshing as all get out to haVe you comprehend that I was just bustin' your chops ,shrug your shoulders & reply with logic and aplomb.
rock them hub caps , bud.
:jeep2:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@lax00
what're you printing them with, as-in the model. It's doing a nice job .
Jeffery,
I figured it was a little sarcasm but always safe to not assume that on forums..... Never know what it could turn into these days. :)

As for the printer - I'm not printing them myself but I'll call the shop who is printing them and ask. I'll post again after I find out. And N77NXC - I'll get a few printed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need some for my ATX wheels...!

Do you have a picture or measurement of what the ATX current center cap looks like or the size? These might fit??

·
Registered
156 Posts
How durable are they since they are printed? Just thinking about how tire shops like to use the balance shaft to push them out when they go to balance the wheel.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How durable are they since they are printed? Just thinking about how tire shops like to use the balance shaft to push them out when they go to balance the wheel.

I'm not sure I can answer that for sure. I just put these on my jeep so they have not seen too much use yet. They were printed with PETG which I am told can handle more heat and is stronger than most printed 3D items.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm still in for a set. It's worth a shot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts