JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is turning 3 in a few weeks and I was looking at the ultimate terrain traction hurricane. It looks pretty sweet and the price from amazon is good. I can picture her wheeling in my backyard and woods behind our house. I am just looking for some additional info and any tips.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I looked at it at toys r us today and the tag said 700 plus bucks, I turned quickly away. They did have the mini Cooper for 119 though it is not a jeep, they had two other jeep models, a pink and black one in the 200 range.

Jr already has the John deer tractor.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just bought it on toys r us website. Free shipping to store for pickup. Total was 508 with a quick charger. I am sure I will pick up a spare battery in a few weeks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have one for my 4 year old daughter and I am amazed how well it does compared to the other power wheels. It goes through tall grass with no problem and will even climb through the drainage ditch in front of my house.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Theres a company that makes awesome custom ones on go cart frames.. They cost more but last alot longer..

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I guess I will be checking out walmart.
My kid gets a lot of jollies on this thing. I ended up covering the bottom of the battery with some tool box liner because there was always some white, chalky stuff whenever I'd take it out to charge. Wal-Mart ships to local stores for free also.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Millino Gaucho 4x4 Mud Modified Power Wheels 2008
If someone knows how to post this YouTube video it's worth checking out. This is 24volts 4x4, way better than any Fisherprice. It's in Italian but you'll get the idea. I wanted to get one for my kid, until I saw the price. It was I think $899.00. So my son ended up with a 12volt Lightning McQueen that he loves!!!
Depending on your terrain, you can "mod" the wheels. Get some nice mountain bike tires to cut up and screw onto the plastic wheels with some small self tapping screws. Don't over torque or you'll ruin the plastic wheels and use washers if needed. It will work great on grass (wet or dry) and light sand.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Millino Gaucho 4x4 Mud Modified Power Wheels 2008
If someone knows how to post this YouTube video it's worth checking out. This is 24volts 4x4, way better than any Fisherprice. It's in Italian but you'll get the idea. I wanted to get one for my kid, until I saw the price. It was I think $899.00. So my son ended up with a 12volt Lightning McQueen that he loves!!!
Depending on your terrain, you can "mod" the wheels. Get some nice mountain bike tires to cut up and screw onto the plastic wheels with some small self tapping screws. Don't over torque or you'll ruin the plastic wheels and use washers if needed. It will work great on grass (wet or dry) and light sand.
YouTube - ‪Millino Gaucho 4x4 Mud Modified Power Wheels 2008‬‏

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
:laughing::smokin: ^^^

....and only ONE winch pull!!

That was awesome. A life long wheeler in the making. Never seen that video before. Incredible how well it does even with the mud packed on the "tires".

:beer:

864 Posts
Checkout http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/ for anything powerwheels related. WARNING ENTERE THE SITE @ YOUR OWN RISK note: You will find that modifying powerwheels can be an addiction just as strong or stronger than modifying a Jeep. You have been warned... I entered there & so far my girls have 4 powerwheels & counting.

Working on a 4x4 system for her & then it will be a coilover suspension. So far I've added the shovel & mount, Dora backpack, Dora map in the back, & the lights/siren. Waiting on spare tire & tire mount.

You can get all types of accessories & parts here: http://www.hobbymasters.com/powerwheelsparts.aspx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts