JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I think the MPG #'s w/o being a hybrid are amazing. Would I "wheel" it? No, is it possiblly a good thing for Jeep and may bring in a whole, growing demographic of people looking for good MPG from an "american" (italian) MFGR? I think so. I also think Jeep has enough "so whats the differanfce between X and Y?" vehicles. Way too simmilar, and when if/when this gets released they should IMHO ditch the Compass.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Well... not for me... my wife said she would drive it though. Fuel economy, can't beat that and it's not a hybrid!:beer:

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Fuel economy cracks me up. Honda was pumping out CRX and civics in the 80s that had that kinda gas mileage. Vehicles should be 100mpg if you ask me. But yeah, that vehicle will sell w/ that gas mileage alone (granted, I bet every major car manufacturer is about 2 years out from a similar vehicle - gas mileage wise anyways).

So what happens if you take that ugly lil turd and put a hybrid system in it? I mean, that mileage and no hybrid? I'm thinking 100mpg.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
For my purposes I wouldn't touch it,but for those would be Subaru owners,a viable alternative with exceptional mileage.Now......will it hold together?? :smokin:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Jeez like a vulture over the newly dead
as soon as Pontiac dies, Jeep snatches up the idea to build an ugly little 5 door and call it the Phoenix!

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
is it just me or does it resemble the smartcar

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey, if releasing something like that helps them meet EPA standards and helps keep the Wrangler line relatively as-is, go for it. I wouldn't/ won't be getting one myself, but that certainly beats the half assed attempts we've seen like using paper thin sheet metal, plastic bumpers, and offering a 2wd version to offset two big bricks on four wheels :D .

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hey, if releasing something like that helps them meet EPA standards and helps keep the Wrangler line relatively as-is, go for it. I wouldn't/ won't be getting one myself, .
I agree with this statement...whatever they have to sell to help the Wrangler out is okeedokee with me...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I have to say, my wife drives a VW Beetle and she will never try to drive that thing whatever name it is. It looks like a honda fit in steroids. She said she better get a real Jeep (2dr JK) Fiat can do better, at least i hope they do.

I know they need more vehicles with better MPG. But if you are buying a Jeep i think you should already know that you are getting crappy MPG's.

They have to bring something really different to revive the Jeep line.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Just had an idea.

If its called The Phoenix. Maybe we can just burn it down to the ground, and watch it come out of the ashes as the great jeep we are all waiting for.:thefinger:

·
Registered
141 Posts
What will Fiat add to the jeep wrangler ? Maybe something good!, and that Panda 4x4 needs a body lift and taller tires, and toe-hooks F & B.

What would you want jeep to add to this Panda cross 4x4 ? Seems this vehicle is meant to help keep Jeep alive. I know it should have a diesel option, but what else?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts