JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AEV 4.5 lift.

It has a noticeable tilt towards the passenger side.

37" KM2 tire pressures are correct and equal at 29psi as read on my Longacres Racing air pressure gauge (high quality for setting motorcycle race tire pressures)
The jeep is empty inside.

I measured from the same datum point on either front fender or rear bodywork.
On my flat concrete shop floor, air pressures correct, with the tires straight ahead I get the following read.

front passenger side is 1-1/4" lower
rear passenger side is 1/2" lower.

The jeep lists to the passenger side.

Ideas on why?
What could I do to fix it?

· Registered
661 Posts
Its affectionately known as the "JK lean" Its caused by the fuel tank being on the passenger side. I know some people try swapping there springs left to right, I've done this and it didn't change anything. You can put a lift puck on the passenger side to try and compensate for it but the only real fix is to relocate the fuel tank.

· Registered
1,184 Posts
I have the AEV 4.5 lift and it sits level. My wife has a stock 2013 JKUR that also sits level (side to side), except for that jacked up in the back look that they all seem to have stock. I can understand a little bit of a lean with a full tank of gas but not the numbers that the OP stated.

Did you install the lift yourself? My only thought at this point is that you may have missed swapping out the swaybar disco on the front passenger side - having a longer one on the driver side than you do on the passenger side.

· A JKO DICK
3,702 Posts
Tell the fat chick to get out of the passenger seat, there fixed. :thefinger:

Did you tighten everything with the Jeep on the ground? I would suggest loosening all of the suspension bolts and re-torquing them with the JK on the ground, track bars, control arms, drop brackets, sway bar links, etc.

Good luck, but lots of them lean. As said before you can try swapping springs to opposite sides or add spring pucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.