JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is she taking a nose dive!?!?!
i have 2.5 inch AEV springs and STOCK bumper and she's sagging. i ordered a new bumper today and worried its gonna sag even more

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's not sagging. It's just sad because you put a JK forum sticker on it.
Oh oh!! Whilst I agree........I digress.

Have you thought about what would happen if you had a 150lb tire on the back? It could help with the rake. You'll probbably want some coil spacers up front to help out with the sag and get a tire in the back...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh oh!! Whilst I agree........I digress.

Have you thought about what would happen if you had a 150lb tire on the back? It could help with the rake. You'll probbably want some coil spacers up front to help out with the sag and get a tire in the back...

im getting a tire in the back within a month or so but do you think the tire will bring down the back by an inch?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Depending on size, the 5th wheel can be as heavy as a winch or aftermarket bumper.

Also, the front end rake actually helps with drag and therefor MPG... if you care.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The tire will certainly help offset the rake, how much depends on the tire. I don't think it's unreasonable for it to bring the back down that far. A good way to 'test' is to take measurements and then put artificial weights in the far back of the jeep to simulate a tire.....a person of comparable mass to your tire will work. Then measure again and see what you've got.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
^^^ He's saying put a fat chick on the bumper... DO NOT CALL HER A FAT CHICK THOUGH. To this DAY my wife thinks she is the reason for my JK's "lean"

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Normally I'd expect an AEV lift to level the front and back out. Are you sure you have the springs installed right?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Normally I'd expect an AEV lift to level the front and back out. Are you sure you have the springs installed right?
yeah i called them up and they if i get a tire and bumper it will level out. my rear is lifted like 3.5 and front is 2.5 so the extra weight in the back will help me out a lot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts