JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rubicon Trail - A Jeep Badge of Honor Trail.

Wow! What a surreal experience. I never in a million years ever thought I would be able to do this trail, and to take my two boys with me was amazing! They never wheel with me. This was summer of 2020. I was nervous about breaking and not being able to complete the trail. I was able to do the whole trail without any breakage or damage. I thought Walker Hill was the hardest for me. I wish we would of taken more days so we could fully enjoy the experience. We spent three nights on the trail. We were able to do Cadillac Hill before the changes and my kids got to see a mamma bear with two little itty bitty cubs. There were some Cali guys who saved us from being like the Donner party after a breakdown. Which is a story for another time maybe. All in all it was the most amazing experience minus the breakdown.

Don't let the legacy scare you from not doing this trail. As long as you are confident in your ability to pick lines and you have a good, solid spotter you can do this trail. We had someone along who only wheeled dirt roads and was able to wheel this trail with a good spotter.

Tammy
2015 JKUR

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,555 Posts
It's great to see you back here, Tammy. Glad to see you are out having a great time and posting tons of photos!!
Looking forward to hearing the story about the time you almost had to eat people to survive :laughing:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You! There are so many great adventures! And you know me. I love to take pictures! 😀

Yeah, My Donner Party Story is a long one with some bad memories. One day maybe when I can learn to trust again.

Tammy

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You thought Walker Hill was the hardest ??? Did you do the Little sluice?
I have an fear of heights. Going up a hill no matter how big scares me. So it was more mental. You should of heard me on Engineer Pass in Colorado. That is Colorado's highest road. It's just a simple dirt road but it took all me energy to push through. Scariest shelf road ever. LOL!

Yep, I did the whole trail, Little Sluice, Big Sluice, that crazy place by the lake, Cadillac hill. I was the only one in our group that didn't need a winch! 😀 There was one section where you could pick the extreme part we went the less extreme way. I can't think of the name of that part now.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand..Cliffhanger in Moab I will not do..rest so far doesn't bother me.
Just the name of the trail will keep me away, I am afraid one day I will have to do that trail because it's a Jeep Badge of Honor Trail.
I freaked out going up Hell's Revenge too!!! I set the world record for the parked the furthest from the edge on Top of the World! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: They should call me Jeep Chicken instead of Jeep Momma

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
We're changing this site's name from JKOwners to Cliffhanger with high hopes.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're changing this site's name from JKOwners to Cliffhanger with high hopes.
To be honest, I don't think that will work. In the end I always face my fears and a challenge head on. I wheeled engineer pass and didn't die. So one day I will tackle Cliffhanger when I am ready.

·
Registered
2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon on 37s
2 Posts
To be honest, I don't think that will work. In the end I always face my fears and a challenge head on. I wheeled engineer pass and didn't die. So one day I will tackle Cliffhanger when I am ready.
Congrats on the Rubicon, I did it in August of 2019 with zero issues. I'll likely be back and probably do Foredyce too. Hells Revenge (and/or Easter Jeep Safari) and black bear pass with a loop over Engineers are also on my list. Remember, take it slow and steady; it's rock crawling not rock racing.
No whining now....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the Rubicon, I did it in August of 2019 with zero issues. I'll likely be back and probably do Foredyce too. Hells Revenge (and/or Easter Jeep Safari) and black bear pass with a loop over Engineers are also on my list. Remember, take it slow and steady; it's rock crawling not rock racing.
No whining now....
Better hurry for Black Bear. There is talk of shutting it down. While you are over at Engineer check out Poughkeepsie Gulch, Emogene Pass. If you take Engineer Pass to Lake City Stoney Pass will get you back to the Alpine Loop! That is my old stomping grounds.

I don't whine but I scream a lot! LOL!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts