Plans for this build are
stage 1
3.5 rk standard lift
35s gy mtr/k
psc bfh front bumper ...might make my own depends on time
shocks bilsteins, fox, rk emulsion ... haven't decided yet
that should get me going for a few weeks

In the mean time I am trying to figure out what front axle I am going to build
I have a JK d44 housing , waggy d44 complete, hp d60 complete and a hp d30 all in my shed :D

35s are the biggest tire that I am going to run on this jeep,that kinda rules out the d60 and i really wanna stick with the rear d44 that it has now

I am going to build a 3 link front and a single triangulated rear 4 link long arm suspension
I have been talking to Jason at krawloffroad.com and will soon get some parts on the way

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Sweet. I want to do an LJ build some day. And dammit, you have a nice axle collection in your shed!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Any updates on this build?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
collecting parts right now,I have a 3.5 rk lift on the way,And a bunch of random stuff to put on the Jeep
I got these today from a member on this site

Im going to use JK control arms for this build

·
Vendor
2,326 Posts
more importantly, wtf is that in the background??
LOL when I seen that picture, I knew that this thread was going to take a 180! I am not sure I sould or can say but Justin has the coolest job!!!! Illegal in most states....

I can't wait to see this build start! And yes, you trade out stuff more than anyone I know!!!

-Jason

EDIT: You beat me to it. Had a phone call mid reply. Yeah, that place is cool! Plus, they give out free samples!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes ,I love my Job!!!

Warn 9.5 Ti ,Viking Winch rope Ready to go on

Ridge Industries Dually's
And I found Some JK 1 inch front coil spacers and Currie spring retainers, I forgot I had this stuff If anyone want them pm me and we will work something out :beer::beer::beer:

I also bought some used Control arms today and a set of bilstein shocks To good of a deal to pass up!!!!! I love Craigslist !!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been working for the last 3 weeks straight ...:shaking: But I have alot of parts ready for the Jeep RK 3.5 lift is here and because Im going to be very short on time Im going to just buy a RK long arm upgrade to get me going

I also have been gathering parts for the front axle build. Im going to use a 79 F250 HD D44 Im going to cut the long side down to waggy length and use 5x5.5 outers So far I have about 550 in all the axle parts

spartan locker 250
I gave a 100 for the f250 axle
I bought a 4.88 gear 200

This is going to be a fun build and the goal for it is a dd and week end wheeler

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I have been working for the last 3 weeks straight ...:shaking: But I have alot of parts ready for the Jeep RK 3.5 lift is here and because Im going to be very short on time Im going to just buy a RK long arm upgrade to get me going

I also have been gathering parts for the front axle build. Im going to use a 79 F250 HD D44 Im going to cut the long side down to waggy length and use 5x5.5 outers So far I have about 550 in all the axle parts

spartan locker 250
I gave a 100 for the f250 axle
I bought a 4.88 gear 200

This is going to be a fun build and the goal for it is a dd and week end wheeler
Dang, you are getting into some great deals:beer:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man I'm jelous... I started looking recently for an LJ and they are so damn expensive.... Typically $14k and up with 80k or more miles stock! I would hit m pants if I found one for 10, even if it needed some work and you got one with so
E actual useful stuff/ stuff to sell off

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update Finally

Work hooked me up with a new snowboard this year!!

I took a few days off and finally got to do a little fishing

I also picked up JK d30 complete!! I gave 150 bucks for it Marcus at RCO talked me in to this.... and I think for the money I will have in it was a hell of a idea

I got my bumper and winch on

I also got a warn knock off rear bumper

Rubi wheels are back from paint I got talked out of powder coat for this project

I picked up 3 new nitto mud grapplers 35 12.50 17 from RCO These were not my first choice but I allready had two new ones from a past Jee

1 - 20 of 22 Posts