JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm really leaning towards to Mopar 2in. Lift Kit. Anyone have any qualms or good things to say about it? TIA :koolaid:

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
Depends how you plan on using the jeep. If it is mostly for road use then you should be fine. I do not have one but some people I know do and they like it for what they use the jeep for which is mostly road driving

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. I figured that would be the case. It's my daily driver, but does see some dirt every so often. My thinking is that going with this one, I can guarantee the quality and compatibility with the JKU. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
36 Posts
DON'T use the included cam bolts!
Just get the Rancho control arm drop brackets.
And get an adjustable track bar while you are at it.
Those two things made a big difference in handling after I had mine installed.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
They are not bad kits. If you have any questions on our 1.5 or 2.5 systems feel free to give us a shout. When lifting, be sure to look at adding caster and reentering the front axle to maintain drivability...

Good luck with your build.

RK

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Depends how you plan on using the jeep. If it is mostly for road use then you should be fine. I do not have one but some people I know do and they like it for what they use the jeep for which is mostly road driving
I have the Mopar 2", which is a 2.5" kit don't know why they won't advertise it as such. For someone to say it's a road kit is just ludicrous. Is a 2.5" Teraflex kit only good for the road? I realize this forum is for the RK fanboys but there are other kits out there, and had it not been for money I'd have went full Metalcloak. The Mopar kit is a great riding kit, and for the money, with the inclusion of a Dana Spicer front driveshaft is frankly hard to beat. I trash canned the cambolts and went with drop brackets and the ride is great.

Here is a pic of said lift sitting at the mall since this is a "road" only kit.

trail.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Like Boob Jobs

Lift Kits and Tires are like Boob Jobs! You always wish you had gone bigger! :bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I guess I am a fanboy then, just a fanboy of quality made products. I went with the RK 3.5 XFactor after researching all the major brands. Glad I got what I did, love it and made to take abuse.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the Mopar 2", which is a 2.5" kit don't know why they won't advertise it as such. For someone to say it's a road kit is just ludicrous. Is a 2.5" Teraflex kit only good for the road? I realize this forum is for the RK fanboys but there are other kits out there, and had it not been for money I'd have went full Metalcloak. The Mopar kit is a great riding kit, and for the money, with the inclusion of a Dana Spicer front driveshaft is frankly hard to beat. I trash canned the cambolts and went with drop brackets and the ride is great.

Here is a pic of said lift sitting at the mall since this is a "road" only kit.

View attachment 242817

Thanks man! Really appreciate giving your honest thoughts.

Also, thanks everyone else. Always fun to see everyone's thoughts. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
17 Posts
As a dual-purpose Jeeper, I'm looking hard at the Metalcloak Overland Sport kit, as well as the Teraflex S/T 3-inch kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our 2.5 Overland and Expedition Systems will be out in approximately 2 weeks...

We see that market place becoming more and more popular and decided to jump in...

RK
Glad to hear it! Is there more info on your site? I'm curious what the makeup/components will be in your kit and what the price point will be.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I would do Rock Krawler.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts