JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I after researching these contracts and determining that they are legit, I bought one from what I thought was a reputable provider: Chrysler Factory Plans (i.e., Howard Ziegler).

I bought mine (maxcare, lifetime) in December 2011. They charged my card immediately. Nonetheless, they never issued the policy!

I sent numerous emails requesting information and received no replies -- even after I warned them that I would post my experience in the Jeep forums. :thefinger:

Ultimately, I had to challenge the charge with my credit card company.

There are other providers out there. Don't be duped into using Ziegler.

Be warned!

864 Posts
So I after researching these contracts and determining that they are legit, I bought one from what I thought was a reputable provider: Chrysler Factory Plans (i.e., Howard Ziegler).

I bought mine (maxcare, lifetime) in December 2011. They charged my card immediately. Nonetheless, they never issued the policy!

I sent numerous emails requesting information and received no replies -- even after I warned them that I would post my experience in the Jeep forums. :thefinger:

Be warned!
Good info I just got that in the mail.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
So did the credit card company credit you or does that take a while?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Moving this to DL.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts

Be warned!
That's interesting and good to know. What's interesting is I've heard great things about them from the guys in the WK2 section on jeepforum.

I almost bought the maxcare unlimited on our WK2 from them, but my dealer matched that price for me so it became a moot point.

Now I see that you mentioned having e-mailed them, did you also try calling them? Having an e-mail string to prove your case is always helpful, but sometimes a phone call resolves everything much quicker. Just a thought if you hadn't already tried calling them.

Something to keep in the back of your mind if you're able to get a dealer to match the warranty price Ziegler is offering. Chrysler will let you pay for the warranty without interest for 12 months when you buy through the dealer. We did that on ours, just paid $1000 up front and they send me a bill every month for the next 12 months. No credit checks or anything, but they hold the cards. You don't send in the payment they can cancel the contract. At least that's my impression based on the some of the maintenance contracts my company sells.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If anyone ever wants or needs the Lifetime Maxcare warranty, you can contact me and receive your JKO discount as well!!

Dan

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I used a quote from Ziegler as a negotiating prop when I bought my JK. Went in to the finance guy, he starts talking up the contracts. I asked him if mods would void the contract, he told me "nope, except for any parts you replace with non-OEM parts won't be covered." I got that in writing on my contract.

The I pulled out my quote, $900 cheaper than his price. The guy literally pitched a fit. I just sat there quietly. When he was done ranting I asked him if we had a deal, or do I make out my check to Ziegler. He made the deal.

So far it's been worthwhile for me. I knew going in I was going to blow through the standard warranty quickly. Since my warranty expired I've had my e-disco, front drive shaft and fuel tank replaced under contract. I'm more than even now, everything else is icing on the cake.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
If anyone ever wants or needs the Lifetime Maxcare warranty, you can contact me and receive your JKO discount as well!!

Dan
If you're trying to hawk goods and services, where is your gold star?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Working on the gold star. I was just trying to do it to help the good people of JK Owners, but I am getting the dealership to pay for the gold star!!! Hop to have by the end of the week.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts