JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Front end popping noise just rebuilt the front end, steering kit and all so I’m lost on what it is. I have a good video showing the noise perfectly but I’m not sure how to post videos on here. Thanks
(2012 jeep jk 4wd 2.5 inch lift kit rustys off road suspension on 35in tires)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Describe how/when it makes the noise. Only while turning, in 4wd, etc?....I am in the process right now of replacing my front driveshaft CV joint at the transfer case, it makes a clicking noise when in 4wd. Can you see grease slung anywhere it shouldn't be?

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Welcome to JKO.
You can read the FAQ on how to embed video here.

You have provided absolutely no detail about your JK. It might help to include some details about your model, current driveline and suspension setup. JKO ain't great at spoon feeding / leading horses to water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Describe how/when it makes the noise. Only while turning, in 4wd, etc?....I am in the process right now of replacing my front driveshaft CV joint at the transfer case, it makes a clicking noise when in 4wd. Can you see grease slung anywhere it shouldn't be?
Welcome to JKO.
You can read the FAQ on how to embed video here.

You have provided absolutely no detail about your JK. It might help to include some details about your model, current driveline and suspension setup. JKO ain't great at spoon feeding / leading horses to water.
Fixed it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like metal hitting against each other and it randomly happens when going over bumps going 10-20 mph and when coming to a stop sometimes it’ll clank and shake the steering wheel. I’m a new jeep owner so bare with me and I appreciate the help

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
It sounds like metal hitting against each other and it randomly happens when going over bumps going 10-20 mph and when coming to a stop sometimes it’ll clank and shake the steering wheel. I’m a new jeep owner so bare with me and I appreciate the help
Do you have the video / audio up on Youtube ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd check around for marking/ scoring anywhere metal meets metal and re-check all nuts and bolts to make sure they are tight/ nothing moving or shifting. I watched the video several times but can't tell. Make sure you didn't leave some tool behind like a socket that fell down into a crevice and now rattles, like I have.

·
Registered
2009 WRANGLER JK SPORT
3 Posts
I'd check around for marking/ scoring anywhere metal meets metal and re-check all nuts and bolts to make sure they are tight/ nothing moving or shifting. I watched the video several times but can't tell. Make sure you didn't leave some tool behind like a socket that fell down into a crevice and now rattles, like I have.
HI EVERYBODY I had almost the same sound I was sure it was in the front left tire but it results was the front transmission bar the joint it comes from the transfer case to the fron axle specially if the rubber ncover is broken it would be a sign that the grease that comes in there is gone and so the joint begans to make that noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts