2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fits Jeep JK 2 & 4 Door Wranglers with the 3.8L Engine

• 2.5" in, 3" out
• 50 state legal
• Unrestricted Flow and Superior Performance with CNC Mandrel-Bent Tubing
• Patented Sound Deflection Technology Cancels Out Unwanted Resonant Noise
• Delivers the True Sound of Performance
• Designed and Manufactured by Edelbrock in the USA for Easy Bolt-on Installation
• Ti-Tech Coating on the Muffler Provides Resistance Against Heat and Corrosion
• 16-Gauge Aluminized or 17-Gauge Stainless Steel Construction
• Most Systems Include Polished 304 Stainless Steel Tips
• Will Not Void Manufacturers' New Vehicle Warranty

Price = $200.00
To get this pricing you need to call the order in and reference this thread.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks like a good deal. Not sure I'm ready to buy yet - but that is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for - something simple with a good stainless muffler option that fits in the factory location, but is smaller than the factory muffler. Anyone have any pics of one of these installed?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Anyone have any pics of one of these installed?
Ditto... I'd like to see what the tail pipe exit looks like at that angle.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I may have seen that muffler on a JK in NC...the tail pipe exits behind the right rear wheel...sound was quite impressive...nothing "ricey" about it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In my experience it is quieter than the magnaflow. It is more agressive sounding than stock (obviously)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am waiting until payday at the end of this month but once that comes I will give you a call. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am waiting until payday at the end of this month but once that comes I will give you a call. Thanks for the reply!
It would be a good idea to call your order in and have it held till the 30th. We have 2 left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any left??? What about dyno numbers?? From what I have gathered anything more than this is a waste. Arent all the aftermarket systems and the stock system 2.5" tubing?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Any left??? What about dyno numbers?? From what I have gathered anything more than this is a waste. Arent all the aftermarket systems and the stock system 2.5" tubing?
oe is 2.5" and the engine does not make enough up top to need anything bigger. Imo any more than a muffler back is a waste of money.

·
Registered
38 Posts
BEWARE!!!!!!!!

Make sure that they check the box, They are being sold incomplete. Edelbrock stated after I ordered this from Poly-performance that there was a flaw in the design and that another part is needed to complete the installation and you will have to wait for edelbrock to send it to you and if you already have removed you muffler, its a *****!

When I called poly-performance, they stated that they have not received any info that the box is incomplete. They also stated that no one has complained, but, if edelbrock has not placed this part in any boxes yet, then something must be wrong somewhere. Somebody knows already!

Just make sure before you buy, that everything is in it. There should be 5 total pieces and the clamps. If you have only 4 main parts...your screwed!:thefinger:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Make sure that they check the box, They are being sold incomplete. Edelbrock stated after I ordered this from Poly-performance that there was a flaw in the design and that another part is needed to complete the installation and you will have to wait for edelbrock to send it to you and if you already have removed you muffler, its a *****!

When I called poly-performance, they stated that they have not received any info that the box is incomplete. They also stated that no one has complained, but, if edelbrock has not placed this part in any boxes yet, then something must be wrong somewhere. Somebody knows already!

Just make sure before you buy, that everything is in it. There should be 5 total pieces and the clamps. If you have only 4 main parts...your screwed!:thefinger:
To whom ever is considering purchasing this kit, there was a mistake on the first production run. A part was manufactured incorrectly. 18 of the 20 kits manufactured have been accounted for. The kits on shelves at vendors and the Edelbrock warehouse have been fixed.

Edelbrock has the required part in stock and will send it out immediately if a consumer contacts the techline at 1-800-416-8628 from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday, PST, or e-mails [email protected].

If you are the customer that contacted Edelbrock today, I believe your part was sent out overnight. I am sorry that you had issues, it is unfortunate that the kits were shipped incomplete. It seems that Poly Performance and Edelbrock are trying to assist you as quickly as possible.

If you have any greater issues with Edelbrock feel free to pm me as I am not a vendor and am not really here to do day to day business.

Frank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts