JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post in this forum a while back and I am having the exact same issue. Not sure what the fix is. Here is the context of the article

Hey folks,
In the past week, it has stalled out on me several times - each time, I am pulling away from a stop (or near stop) BAM - engine dies. No stumbling, burping, farting or anything. I have all lights/gauges, and the engine will turn over, but no start. Now here it gets weird = after I get onto the shoulder & out of traffic, if I wait ~10 minutes, it will start & drive fine.
It happened twice last weekend, then was fine until this weekend and it happened several times again.
Not throwing any codes.

But... When I put my scan tool in it did register the following code P061C

Any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
1,799 Posts
Welcome to JKO.

You did not mention your model year. Also, you did not mention if you have checked the battery. Some easy stuff:
  • How old is the battery?
  • Have you checked both the (+) and (-) connectors on the battery to ensure they are secure?
  • Have you ensured that you do not have any wires or anything hooked up under both battery feed wire clamp tightening bolts?
  • Have you checked your engine compartment for loose / corroded / disconnected grounds?
I also wonder if this could have something to do with the crankshaft position sensor?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would look at your crank position sensor, as @snout has suggested. On a 3.6, it's easy to get to and not a very expensive part. After some random cutting out problems, mine finally gave out completely. It didnt throw any meaningful codes until it failled completely.

I second this. It's $15 and very accessible. In the meantime, you can just disconnect and reconnect the battery to get it started again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts