1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'll be doing my first next year.

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
No and no. They recently did one in the pines and the guy running it was a total douche to Nicki (Wishbear) so they can go fuck a bag of nails for billing people to wheel in a place that's open to the public.

You'll learn more coming out on a trail ride (for FREE) with the Jersey Crew that you would on a Jamboree.

Now, if they were accessing private land and doing some technical obstacles and wheeling that was more than just splashing in a few puddles, I might possibly consider maybe thinking about fixing to get ready to try one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Maine and Vermont

just wondering if anyone has done a jeep jamboree? is it worth it?
Having done Maine Mountains and Killington Jeep Jamboree I can tell you it is the Only way to access most of the trails they run on those two events. I only know of one trail that is open to the public on either of these Jamborees and it's a class 5 road in Killington, the rest of the trails on Both Killington and Maine Mountain Jamboree is on Private Land for use with Permission Only.

I also think they are expensive, $300 for two days meals and a couple of stickers seems crazy but it comes down to access. I personally have a good enough time to keep going back, it's a very unique experience to be around 120 Jeeps and the people who love them for a couple of days.

Killington sold out in something like 10 hours and Maine in 15 so there are a few people who think it's worth it. Catskills is another one that sold out right away and I have heard good things about that one too.

It's the land owners and locals (local coordinators, trail managers, clubs etc.) that don't want the larger over 37" , thus more destructive, tires on the trails. I am sure Jeep Jamboree agrees since it makes it that much harder to get all the Jeeps following someone digging trenches in the mud with 42"s through. That just turns the trail / ride into a parking lot / winch fest and I don't know anyone who enjoys that, especially if they are paying $300 for it.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Having done Maine Mountains and Killington Jeep Jamboree I can tell you it is the Only way to access most of the trails they run on those two events. I only know of one trail that is open to the public on either of these Jamborees and it's a class 5 road in Killington, the rest of the trails on Both Killington and Maine Mountain Jamboree is on Private Land for use with Permission Only.

I also think they are expensive, $300 for two days meals and a couple of stickers seems crazy but it comes down to access. I personally have a good enough time to keep going back, it's a very unique experience to be around 120 Jeeps and the people who love them for a couple of days.

Killington sold out in something like 10 hours and Maine in 15 so there are a few people who think it's worth it. Catskills is another one that sold out right away and I have heard good things about that one too.

It's the land owners and locals (local coordinators, trail managers, clubs etc.) that don't want the larger over 37" , thus more destructive, tires on the trails. I am sure Jeep Jamboree agrees since it makes it that much harder to get all the Jeeps following someone digging trenches in the mud with 42"s through. That just turns the trail / ride into a parking lot / winch fest and I don't know anyone who enjoys that, especially if they are paying $300 for it.

That Killington one is the only one I would consider going to because of the price. I think it would be cool Jeepin' on a mountain that I know from Snowboarding on for the last 15 years.

Other than that, to bring my family would be $1200 without a room. I could think of a better vacation for $1200...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Jeepers Jamboree is a completely different animal.

4 people can ski / board at Killington for 3 days for $1200, but still no room.

I agree it is over priced, unfortunately they are never going to get that message since it sold out in less than a day this year. Frankly I'll be surprised if they don't raise the prices next year, because they can...

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have never attended one and doubt I ever will. The Pines is a rough place to have one, it may be worth it to a non local but for me it's my backyard. Even though I have had a discrepency in the past with one of the main guys who runs the Pines one I have to stick up for them to an extent. Here's why.
This is an event that they have been putting together for a long time and they value doing so. With all of the legality issues that arose last year, the 11 jamboree was in the spotlight and almost did not happen. I'm sure it was frustrating to the guides to have to go through what they did and also to know that EVERY move they and their particpants made was being watched. Similar to my Pines run I had, it was being watched like a hawk till I moved locations. All of Wharton staff was well aware of what was going on and alot did not like it.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Jeepers Jamboree is a completely different animal.

4 people can ski / board at Killington for 3 days for $1200, but still no room.

I agree it is over priced, unfortunately they are never going to get that message since it sold out in less than a day this year. Frankly I'll be surprised if they don't raise the prices next year, because they can...
The Killingon jamboree has been selling out that quick for a couple of years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.