JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...i went to Jeep Jamboree last weekend and had an absolute blast. I was told that it is the closest thing to Moab that we have in Texas. It was kinda expensive @ $300 per person, but it included meals and in my opinion was well worth it.

On to the show!

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

All you San Antonio and Austin guys...If you have been on the fence about doing this, i would highly suggest it. It is a blast.

I would like to thank my friend Daniel Fernandez for being my full time photographer on this trip. None of these pics would have been taken, i was too bust wheeling:)

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The ranch is located about 15min SW of Llano. There were about 150-175 jeeps out there. Mostly TJ's then JK's and a few YJ's here and there.

Screaming Lizard had their Brute out there, it's a nice looking ride. ORF was there as was a J8 decked out Expedition style.

Everyone ran all of the trails except for stock vehicles which were bypassed around the 2-3 hardest parts. I was suprised what the JK could do with open diffs and 33" A/T tires.

I only had to get pulled once, but i also pulled the LJ Rubi off that rock, so i called it even.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was great...save your pennies and come out next year!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I really like that front bumper. ;) I hope it held up well for ya'.

I did the JJ in Palo Duro a few years back, but I really would like to do the Inks tour. Looks like y'all had a blast. Yea- $300 seems high, but I paid about the same for the PD Canyon Jam and it was WELL worth every penny.

Awesome pics too. :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really like that front bumper. ;) I hope it held up well for ya'.

I did the JJ in Palo Duro a few years back, but I really would like to do the Inks tour. Looks like y'all had a blast. Yea- $300 seems high, but I paid about the same for the PD Canyon Jam and it was WELL worth every penny.

Awesome pics too. :beer:
The bumper is a champ. I'm thinking about picking up the matching rear or maybe getting the Smitty Built SRC rear bumper and cutting off the tube ends for a rear stubby.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
<--- Used to live in Austin.

Jeebus, that looks like some nice trails. We'll be at Windrock, TN for the Jamboree... but looks like I should have picked this one instead for our initial run.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
There has to be a way we can get on there. Maybe we can rent it for a weekend. Youre from texas, find out who we have to talk to.
I just got off the phone with Roy's wife. She is going to talk to Roy (they own Ink's Ranch) and she or he will call me back tomorrow.

I am starting a thread on this one. Keep your fingers crossed. :beer:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
how far is that one from dallas stub? I get confused with texas its a big ass state. I know i can make dallas in 4 hours and amarillo in like 8.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think Sallisaw is about 6 hours from where'd you'd exit 35(I have relatives in Sallisaw), I would add another 1.5 hours onto that.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Inks is one of the places that I have been wanting to wheel for a while now... Just don't want to do it during Jamboree... if that is my only choice I will but damn... that is a lot of Jack on top of what it costs just do get there etc....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts