JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the stealership and they want like 175 for a new key plus 75 to program it. Mine only came with a single key.

The 175 dollar key is the type with a remote entry and alarm fob.... I eventually wanna do an after market alarm system so I really don't need anything other than a plain jane key with the chip so that in the future I can just use the fob that comes with the alarm system.

That being said the dealer told me the only key option they could order for me was the remote fob style.... I call BS but I wasn't gonna argue with him over the phone...

My queries to all yall are 1. Does anyone have a part number for a key without remote fob that will work with my wrangler's ignition. 2. Is there any place other than a Chrysler dealer that has the capability to program a new key when I am missing the original spare. 3. If there is no other such place, will the dealer program the key mentioned in question 1. and 4. Once I have someone program a new key, I have heard that I can program 3rd, 4th, etc keys without the need of a fancy programmer , is this true?

I am working with a 2012 JKU RHD w/Auto trans.

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts