JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new here and was wondering if anyone else had ever been denied a warranty on their JK due to customer abuse? I had a rear trac-loc installed under warranty in November 2010 and it broke again in January 2012. Jeep admitted installing an aftermarket trac-loc the 1st time and now will not warranty it due to customer abuse? Anyone ever hear of this? I only have 62000 miles.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
that stinks...... you should call corporate!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Warranty work is for parts that fail due to a flaw with the part. If you break you stuff out in the trails with some hard wheeling the part wasn't flawed it was used and abused. you shouldn't expect the dealer to fix your wheeling damage.

Don
BMJA President
http://www.bmja.org/home.php

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Warranty work is for parts that fail due to a flaw with the part. If you break you stuff out in the trails with some hard wheeling the part wasn't flawed it was used and abused. you shouldn't expect the dealer to fix your wheeling damage.

Don
BMJA President
http://www.bmja.org/home.php
^ well said..dealer might have to prove u broke it wheeling..burden if proof is on them

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Unless of course the part failed while wheeling within parameters. Jeep advertises wrangler capabilities for obstacles. If theres a huge dent in the part and its obvious you slammed down on a nice pointy boulder then maybe youre outta luck. But if the part failed and theres no obvious signs of abuse then the part flat out failed...no way for them to prove otherwise.

Jeep advertises wrangler can ford water up to X inches...if youre in water less than that and it hydrolocks Id be curious to see what happens bc they publish its ability.

Tough situation but I think you have a leg to stand on...might be a peg leg but its a leg nonetheless.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Yeah you should call Chrysler and ask what the process is for getting someone higher up the food chain to weigh in on this. There have been members bust axle housings on the trail and were able to get warrantee work done. (jeepschool I think it was)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts