JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I woke up today with every intention of going hiking or swimming or both in Ocala after I extended at least my axle breathers. I got a text from Jake (jester) from my jeep club wanting to know what I was doing and I told him extending breathers. He said he'd come right over.

He did and I finished up extending stuff - feeling all manly cuz I did something to my jeep. He asked when I was gonna get my snorkel in and I told him was gonna do it this weekend but Jose got sick so we put it off til next weekend. Jake said we should call Justin (another guy in our club) and see if he's off and get it installed today.

Was worth a shot. We all have Mondays off from time to time. Nooch (Justin) was home and hell yeah he wanted to do it. So I got my snorkel installed today! Finally. I've been busting my ass all summer saving nickels and dimes for jeep upgrades and the last 72 hours have been getting quite a few of them installed.

Was a good Jeep weekend for karnuvore.

Jake posted these pics (ALL OF THEM) on the www.jackedupjeepclub.com forum. (Yeah I'm showing off :thefinger:)

Heres the pics from another successful club members install. The pics don't do the Jeep justice. I threw in somepics of the rear bumper too but Dave installed that himself on Saturday. It looks bad ass!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
You dirty rat bastage.... sneaking those photos in there was a nasty trick because the install pics were great..... the snorkle is on my list.

You weren't chittin when you said that you had some mods on the way. The rig looks great!!

And good install pics! (the others made me cringe a bit.... just a little though - it IS a Karn post so you gotta be ready)

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
looks great man
Love the coating on the snorkle

wont lie though that ridiculous cable lock ont he back looks like crap.
love teh bumper though

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
looks great man
Love the coating on the snorkle

wont lie though that ridiculous cable lock ont he back looks like crap.
love teh bumper though
That is bedliner on the snorkel right, did you do it and how?

And the cable sucks but I understand.....

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
....And the cable sucks but I understand.....
I thought you were doing some wicked drugs and that was the relocated rear diff breather tube. :shaking:

Seriously Karn, that looks great. :beer:

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol :thefinger:

Cable = dont steal my shit. I'll have it off when I'm wheeling or just wanna show off.

It's easy to open.

I didnt bedliner it. Kenny was selling the last few of his Generation 1 snorkels - there was a thread about it. One was black texturized and the other was flame red. Guess which one I bought!

·
Registered
961 Posts
All the new mods look great Karn, congrats! :beer:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey, are those the narrower Xenons or the wider than stock ones?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sweet, I have a set all linexed waiting to be installed. I just have to get down there and get them. Can't wait to see them on. I went with the narrow and was wondering how they looked. They look sweet on your jeep.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet, I have a set all linexed waiting to be installed. I just have to get down there and get them. Can't wait to see them on. I went with the narrow and was wondering how they looked. They look sweet on your jeep.
Damn I bet that'll look badass.

I duplicolored the front ones but didnt sand them good enough so it's all coming off. I'm gonna try to sand them down again and reapply the duplicolor. I never do anything the easy way lol.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Hey Karn it looks awesome! I really like the finish on it, that is the Gatorhyde finish on that snorkel, you can get it on any of the RR products. I notice they changed the hose, I have a hard almost elbow that the rubber flex hose connects that connects to the airbox. Just double check the holes on the bottom of airbox after the silicone dries up I know a couple of the Jersey guys had some holes in theirs after placing it back into those rubber gromets on the fender and it drying.

So did you drill the hole? haha

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
got a pic of them before they go on jeep? I am thinking of getting mine done before I put them on, they would match my bumpers good

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
yep....frightening lol.
lol...slip and OH SHIt:bawling::laughing:

how close did u get to the wire harness by the firewall corner? the side of my holesaw rubbed against it lol

So now u have to take the Jeep swimming :bounce:

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Is that armorall i see on your tires? Say it ain't so...not from you...

your jeep looks wicked... congrats on the mods!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts