JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there factory software or a factory computer to add factory options to jeep or Chrysler. i have used VAGCOM (Volkswagen Audi group software) and BMW coding software before. I have an opportunity to buy a snap on shop key programming tool. but before i pull the trigger i wanted to know if these is any other options out there .
thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Isn't ShopKey the repair estimator / knowledgebase software snap-on resells? You may want to do some research on snap-on diag tools before you part with all that money. Go here for info: https://www1.snapon.com/diagnostics

You may want to look at Auto Enginuity. It costs a bit less. It's not without it's annoyances but to put it into perspective, a Solus Edge will run you close to $3000 and AE will run you around $800. I still prefer snap-on.

What are you trying to accomplish, anyway?

·
Comfortably Numb
12,269 Posts
Word is that JeepMoma has developed some software called Deep-Vag-Grit for Jeep. It's in Beta right now being tested by members of her blog, all three of them and will be released by her company, PurpleLips Software late this fall>:).

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Word is that JeepMoma has developed some software called Deep-Vag-Grit for Jeep. It's in Beta right now being tested by members of her blog, all three of them and will be released by her company, PurpleLips Software late this fall>:).
Just the thought of that gives me purple wirenuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.