JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like some of you know, i had the jeep in the shop just 2 weeks ago to get a faulty crankshaft seal fixed. after the last time out at spring creek, i heard a rattling noise whenever i wasn't on the clutch...when i touch it a bit it goes away. So i went to the shop and they told me it's most likely the throw-out bearing. I'm guessing it happened when i was stuck in the clay hole. Shifting & pressing the clutch most likely sucked in some mud. If it is the bearing; it's covered under warranty, i just hope there isn't a bunch of mud in there...

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Just to be straight...The throwout bearing (I believe) has a TSB on it, so if they give you any crap about warranty/ not covered...tell them to check the TSB...and it should be covered. JMO

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to be straight...The throwout bearing (I believe) has a TSB on it, so if they give you any crap about warranty/ not covered...tell them to check the TSB...and it should be covered. JMO
thanks for the info :) I'm running out of warranty soon (32.600 miles)

·
Registered
2 Posts
going to the dealership tomorrow

I'm not sure what a TSB is. My roomate thinks that the rear end gasket has come loose. My dealership has already warned me about the mud. Doese this same reasoning apply to my situation?:bawling:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took it in today. it will be a few days before i'll get it back. I also asked them to check into the timing cover and front axle pinion tsb since the jeep has the symptoms.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure what a TSB is. My roomate thinks that the rear end gasket has come loose. My dealership has already warned me about the mud. Doese this same reasoning apply to my situation?:bawling:
TSB stands for Technical Service Bulletin....it's telling dealerships how to fix things.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
ragincajun...What the hell has the dealer "WARNED" you about "MUD???"...That its wet? or that it should only be driven in with tractors? I'm not tryin to be a smart a$$, but I hope that they're not going to void a warranty issue cause you went thru some "wet dirt". IMO...you dont always need to give them ALL of the nasty details about what you did offroad. I wouldve told them that I went thru a construction zone when it was raining or something. I am a very honest person, but I am weary about disclosing too much info and possibly giving them the "upper hand". JMO

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ill have to check into this TSB... I have a lot of "chatter" from the clutch when in gear and accelerating. hair over 6k miles, never been clutched in the mud and water

1 - 8 of 8 Posts