JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

· Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys as many of you know I am the vendor/sponsor rep for the Mid Florida Jeep Club and Jeep Beach. Its a done deal and I can now release it for public knowledge. May 15/16/17 The 2009 Jeep Beach event will be held at the Daytona International Speedway!!! Thats right, we entered into an agreement with Daytona International Speedway to hold Jeep Beach events there moving forward and hope this will be a long time proposition. The best part is we will have a track/course built in the infield of the speedway!!

Details of the event are:

Friday: night will be registration. We are in negotiation with a hotel very close to the speedway for a special price for Jeep Beach. We will most likely have a grill out and raffle.

Saturday: will be the show n shine and Jeep course in the infield of DIS. You will be able to drive into the track thru the tunnels and participate in the show n shine, Jeep vendor row and the part Im most looking forward to "the course". We are in the development stages of the course right now. Track engineers are building this for us with our guidance. Also of note: The Richard Petty Experience will be participating in on track activities! We will have access to the Bistros, Lake Loyd and the Camping World 300 Center (air conditioning)!! Also if we have atleast 50 Jeeps that want to participate you can drive your Jeep around the track and have pictures taken of your Jeep on the start finish line! A Jeep going around DAYTONA! lol. Also the track is wanting to sign the pro beach volley ball tour to coinside with our event. Whoohoo Misty May!

Sunday: We are still working on the details of Sunday. There will be the usual pool party and possibly grill out. We are still considering the parade to the beach and back.

I/We (Mid Florida Jeep Club) have worked very hard to make this happen. I hope that I will have your support!! We are also looking for vendors or sponsors. I realize this is the big MOAB weekend but if your competition is going there and you want to be a vendor or sponsor of a showcase event 8 years running then come to the beach! Contact me for more details.

Go here to complete your registraion..... http://www.midfloridajeepclub.com/registration.htm

Host Hotel:

LaQuinta
2725 International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32124
386-255-7412
1-800-642-4239

Room Rates: $59.00 (Must mention Jeep Beach)
Rates good through April 15.

Campground: 5 min. from speedway

International RV Park Campground
3175 W. Internation Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32124
386-239-0249
1-866-261-3698

Full Hook-up for RV $25.00
Tent $15.00

(Lance - hope you dont mind the shameless promotion) Hey you wouldnt want to be some sort of sponsor would you? :smokin:

· Banned
9,176 Posts
You absolutely know I'm there. And I can promise you that the Jacked Up Jeep Club will be there.

And what is this "considering the parade". IMO, that was the best part of Jeep Beach last year. That's my feedback anyways.

Woohooo!

Edit: Hey are they going to do the Beach Street "closed to everyone but jeeps" thing again? I dug that as well (until my son decided we had been there long enough).

· Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And what is this "considering the parade". IMO, that was the best part of Jeep Beach last year. That's my feedback anyways.

Edit: Hey are they going to do the Beach Street "closed to everyone but jeeps" thing again? I dug that as well (until my son decided we had been there long enough).
Thats the kind of feedback we were looking for. Werent sure if that was a hit or not. So with that said I'll take it back to the group for discussion.

They are doing the rum runners fest again but Im not sure we are going to support it as a club this year. We have the speedway up till 9-10 pm so we are working on doing the course under lights. Also we are trying to work a deal with the NASCAR speed park (go Karts and dragsters). Wouldnt that be fun? 200 Jeepers hell raising go karts! lol

· Registered
2,334 Posts
What is happening in Moab that weekend? Easter Jeep Safari is the week that ends April 12th. Hitmoney and I will be in Utah for that but I don't know of anything on your weekend. I little far out for me to say I will definitely be there but you know if it is at all possible I'm there. Sounds like a good time!!!

· Banned
9,176 Posts
hahahahah that sounds awesome!

Hey Jeff, maybe the parade could go from the park again. That way the cops dont have to stop the lights all the way across town down to beach (from the speedway). Not that that would be a bad thing. I'd like to stop lights all the way across Daytona.

My wife is psyched too.

· Banned
9,176 Posts
What is happening in Moab that weekend? Easter Jeep Safari is the week that ends April 12th. Hitmoney and I will be in Utah for that but I don't know of anything on your weekend. I little far out for me to say I will definitely be there but you know if it is at all possible I'm there. Sounds like a good time!!!
Jeep beach is really freaking neat. Even the locals were walking up to us lasty year and freaking out about all the jeeps. "What's going?" "We've never seen anything like this @ Daytona."

A week after Jeep Beach last year, we were sitting at a M&G @ Hooters talking about how the jeeps destroyed Daytona Beach. Cars were getting stuck everywhere. Anyways, as we were having that discussion, the TV behind Jeff had a news story about how cars were suddenly "getting stuck on Daytona Beach."

I had a blast last year and swore I'd come back this year.

· Banned
9,176 Posts
Just brainstorming here Rooster...

This guy is the manager of the 4wheelparts store in Tampa: DOUBLE00TJ.

He is on the Floridajeepers.net site. Drop him a line and see if he wants to do any sponsoring or whatnot. His name is Matt. Very nice guy.

Oh, and post up a thread on their page.

Edit: I posted it on the jacked-up-jeepclub.com

· Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeep beach is really freaking neat. Even the locals were walking up to us lasty year and freaking out about all the jeeps. "What's going?" "We've never seen anything like this @ Daytona."

A week after Jeep Beach last year, we were sitting at a M&G @ Hooters talking about how the jeeps destroyed Daytona Beach. Cars were getting stuck everywhere. Anyways, as we were having that discussion, the TV behind Jeff had a news story about how cars were suddenly "getting stuck on Daytona Beach."

I had a blast last year and swore I'd come back this year.
It is fun and I can wait. Im just glad I had a hand in making this thing bigger and better. The people at DIS are so cool to deal with. They are actually more excited about having the Jeeps at Daytona than we are I think. I cant wait to see Jeeps on the course with the Petty cars going around the track. How cool is that?! They are hoping to make it a HUGE event so PLEASE everyone, reach out to your favorite vendor and have them contact me. We would love to make this thing HUGE but having your favorite rep on hand to talk to and purchase from.

· Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just brainstorming here Rooster...

This guy is the manager of the 4wheelparts store in Tampa: DOUBLE00TJ.

He is on the Floridajeepers.net site. Drop him a line and see if he wants to do any sponsoring or whatnot. His name is Matt. Very nice guy.

Oh, and post up a thread on their page.
FEEL FREE TO HELP ME OUT!!! And I want to talk to you about having the bands there. That would be awesome.

· Registered
5,647 Posts
Good to know people eh?

Man, May cant get here fast enough for me. Been looking fwd to this since the second I left Daytona last year. I think I'm gonna stay an entire week this time.
I don't know anybody. I swear. :mr-t: I don't know about getting a hotel at this point. I know my wife won't care about the jeep event, but i could just leave her at the beach though...

· Banned
9,176 Posts
I plan on staying down on the beach again. I liked the motel we stayed in last year. Wasnt crowded and got a kitchenette w/ the room. My wife loved it. We had a great time.

I am going to remember to bring an EZ up though. Shade is a premium @ the shownshine/gathering area.

Rooster: any plans for trail rides or will the track be the trail ride?

· Registered
208 Posts
Dude...I'm driving around the track!!! :beer::bounce::beer::bounce: :grinpimp:

· Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rooster: any plans for trail rides or will the track be the trail ride?
At this time it doesnt look like the club will do a sponsored trail ride. We had so many complaints about the people we rented the land from last year. Along with wait times and their inability to get people pulled out in a timely manner. We are working on coming up with a location if people want to go to a ride. I may even join.

Right now it looks like this event will be more like the Jeeptoberfest event with everything on site.

· Registered
5,647 Posts
Yeah, that little lunch we had there did the trick. I spoke to Robin and he remembered us. He is pretty excited about it being there. He put me in touch with his people and they have bent over backwards.
all i ask, is that you remember who brought you to the lunch to meet him. Hint, hint, hint, let me in for free at jeep beach, hint, hint hint:laughing:

just kidding man

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.