JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Seems pretty basic designs.

Seems reasonable prices and I like basic designs. Hmm, I don't know anyone that has them though?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I really like that rear bumper with the gas can mount. The only thing that would make it better would be if the tire carrier was centered and allowed for 2 cans.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You could build one of those in a day for much less. IMHO it looks cheezy on the JK

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
10 gallons of gas is 80 pounds. That plus a tire is a lot to ask. I don't mind the offset so much but it isn't symmetrical. But that wouldn't stop me on making a decision about it as I'm more for function and if it looks good then thats a bonus. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
10 gallons of gas is 80 pounds. That plus a tire is a lot to ask. I don't mind the offset so much but it isn't symmetrical. But that wouldn't stop me on making a decision about it as I'm more for function and if it looks good then thats a bonus. ;)
It looks as if the can is resting on the arm and isn't free hanging. I have seen a few carriers on TJ's with 2 cans mounted behind the spare.

The more gas I can carry the better. Gas stations are few are far between on the trails in my neck of the woods (desert).

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a large tire may cover up the passenger side tail light and what happened to the third brake light?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Show use the bumpers that your building...
Ask and you shall receive...:thefinger:
just finished rolling on the bed liner tonight...

And some rock rails...

:smokin:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Looks great! I wish I was that good. I'm jealous.

I see you don't have bolts sticking through the front of your bumper, how did you or will you be attaching it to the frame?

:beer::beer:

·
Registered
115 Posts
On the inside of the bumper i used 1x1 steel tube and notched a hole just big enough for a bolt to slide through a drilled hole. Then welded the tube onto the rear of the bumper so that the threads stick out. The head of the bolt sits perfect in the channel of the tube eliminating the need for a wrench and the bolts showing on the face.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts