JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I've worked on this article for a long time now and decided to submit for consideration yesterday. Very pleased to say it made front page on what is arguably the biggest automotive editorial/blog site on the Internet . I really tried to capture the essence of Wranglers and get more people hooked on these amazing vehicles. Feel free to give it a read and if you're on Kinja, give it a like/recommend or go tackle some of the haters in the comments.

direct link
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/an-ownership-experience-like-no-other-1677365048

or scroll down to find it on Jalopnik
http://jalopnik.com

Please no hate on the wheeling paragraph lol :th_pray:

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,100 Posts
Real jeeps have 2 doors, that is where I stopped reading. :thefinger:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Very well written. Haters gonna hate.. screw them.

I couldn't get past this image:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
we're supposed to wave???

great job. on my 5th jeep, 3rd jk. i'll never not own one again.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
Hey guys. I've worked on this article for a long time now and decided to submit for consideration yesterday. Very pleased to say it made front page on what is arguably the biggest automotive editorial/blog site on the Internet . I really tried to capture the essence of Wranglers and get more people hooked on these amazing vehicles. Feel free to give it a read and if you're on Kinja, give it a like/recommend or go tackle some of the haters in the comments.

direct link
http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/an-ownership-experience-like-no-other-1677365048

or scroll down to find it on Jalopnik
http://jalopnik.com

Please no hate on the wheeling paragraph lol :th_pray:
Some of the in article responses are pretty funny.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
That was a good read, thanks. I started to get sucked into reading all the comments.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nicely wrote! and a joy to read!

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Nicely wrote! and a joy to read!
GRAMMAR POLICE: Step away from the keyboard.....now!! Er, uh, that would be "Nicely written". Carry on, I'll be in the area all day. An anuuder ting, dat artickle beez written purty fer shur. Oh and Gunny's gonna go watch that GIF in his latrine really quick and take a long, long time doing it. Why? Cause oooh he so horny, he love himself good long time.:gluging:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Nice write up. I have to agree with you, go drive a JK and you'll understand. I did read a lot of the comments and some of them were laughable at best. What tools. Others were spot on and accurate.

I came from the LS1/5.0 pushrod world. My buddies back east have jeeps and kept telling me I needed to get into wheeling. Like yourself, I researched and decided to go drive one. Ended up driving it off the lot that afternoon. N'ff said.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
nice article. there are quirks and flaws with nearly every vehicle out there in my opinion. there is almost always something that wasnt "quite" right.

82 Rampage- no tach.. and everyone thought it was a Subaru Brat
76 MGB- the whole car was a quirk and a compromise
88 Sentra- seats were like park benches
87 Cutlass Supreme- anemic 307
98 ZJ- liked to eat brake rotors
04 Tahoe- placement of the parking brake pedal
10 Challenger- um. nothing... at all, really
11 Journey- crazy torque steer at WOT... lane changes were scary
07 JK- pukes at fill ups

i had 9 dealership visits with my JK in the first year. three for quality issues. one because of an odd quirk with the radiator design that makes it hard to get the mud out of the radiator.... i'll chalk that up to me. But, ultimately, the JK is a niche vehicle. it can not and will not cater to every demographic. it gives up alot to be capable at other things.

i have bitched and whined about how weak my JK is. but, to be honest, after a 4,000+ mile road trip with the family in it, i am ok with it. just ok. not completely happy. it moves down the road. nothing happens fast, but it happens constantly... so i guess i'm ok with it. i have to be. i can't afford a supercharger or LS swap.

i accept my JK for what it is. in that way, its alot like a marriage. if you never accept your mate's flaws along with his/her finer traits.... its pretty dang hard to make the relationship last. I'm creeping up on 8 years with my JK, come February 19th. i think i might celebrate. :gluging:

·
Registered
805 Posts
Good article

1 - 19 of 19 Posts